• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

EMR - Trainee Train Drivers - Recruitment Discussion

markredding198

New Member
Joined
29 Aug 2026
Messages
2
Location
Laindon
I got an email to say I passed my assessment day on Monday, Was very happy to say the least as I had no idea really how it went. Congrats and good luck for the next part
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

coasting8816

Member
Joined
28 Jun 2026
Messages
34
Location
London
Congrats both and good luck with DMI.

Really hard to tell what exactly they were looking for, I've asked for some feedback but this type of assessment day seems to be specific to EMR? Pretty disappointed but at the same time getting OPC 1 in the bag on my second application isn't too bad.
 

fieiriboy

New Member
Joined
18 Sep 2026
Messages
1
Location
Birmingham
Does anyone know how many people roughly they will put through the assessment day for the next stage ? Any ideas, I’m sure Ian said there were 5 courses available for the new year and each course contains 10 trainees correct me if I’m wrong folks
 

Twin82

Member
Joined
24 Mar 2026
Messages
293
Location
Wandsworth Road
It's locked in if you're applying to a TOC with national TOC standards. If you're applying to a TOC with enhanced standards you might need to redo depending on your scores.

== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==

Received a call earlier today from Ian to tell me I scored top 3 on the assessment day and will be progressing to the next phase. Anyone else received the good news?
A job well done. Congrats to you and the rest that passed
 

Top