• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

EMR - Trainee Depot Driver - Nottingham & Derby (04/01/23)

Status
Not open for further replies.

luvlyjubly86

Member
Joined
25 Jan 2023
Messages
33
Location
Here
If you can pass DMI, then you should be able to pass MMI, I've failed to go through DMI twice, different companies but passed MMI twice, maybe it's just me. The computer based ones I found them easy as long as you don't panic and the practice materials I bought in 2017 helped me prepare. I bought DVDs that I think I still have somewhere, will dig them out.

Done them before, expired last year.
That's made me feel a bit more at ease.
Oh no, what a pain that they expired. At least u know uve passed it before and u know what to expect.

== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==

I never even thought about the rail links but that is a very good point!


I had an email last week confirming that they are accepting my previous OPC stage 2 mark and that I'm all the way through the process email to follow some point in May with further details!
In relation to timescales at my interview they said expected start dates would be late 23/early 24 but a lot of guess work going off there..
That's great! So fingers crossed ull get on one of the 1st courses.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

JFerreday

Member
Joined
12 May 2022
Messages
11
Location
Derbyshire
There's no rush from my side of things, just taking everything as it comes!

Hopefully everyone else passes on here so we can join together
 

Laurenann

Member
Joined
20 May 2023
Messages
6
Location
Nottingham
Oh I am so happy I have found this chat! I also have OPC stage 2 in June and struggling to know what to revise. Well done everyone for getting this far.
 

luvlyjubly86

Member
Joined
25 Jan 2023
Messages
33
Location
Here
got mine in July still a long way off for me sadly, have you had yours ?
Wow, it's really being dragged right out! Good luck for July!
Had mine yesterday, have passed computer assessments, said 7-10 working days for MMI results. Not holding out much hope on that one tho but fingers crossed!

Was hoping someone would say they've done theirs and how quickly the result came back. Stage one assessments felt like they took forever, and I know they've said 7-10 working days but she said they have to say that and it depends on how quickly emr get results out to people.
Not gone for mine yet, end of June for me.
Good luck
 

alexander744

Member
Joined
10 Mar 2022
Messages
8
Location
nottingham
Wow, it's really being dragged right out! Good luck for July!
Had mine yesterday, have passed computer assessments, said 7-10 working days for MMI results. Not holding out much hope on that one tho but fingers crossed!

Was hoping someone would say they've done theirs and how quickly the result came back. Stage one assessments felt like they took forever, and I know they've said 7-10 working days but she said they have to say that and it depends on how quickly emr get results out to people.

Good luck
Congrats on passing the computer tests! and as you say fingers crossed for you on the MMI I hope you get the successful phone call quicker than the 7-10 days, how did you find everything on the day ? did you only do the computer tests and MMI ?
 

Adzlib

Member
Joined
16 Oct 2022
Messages
30
Location
Derbyshire
Wow, it's really being dragged right out! Good luck for July!
Had mine yesterday, have passed computer assessments, said 7-10 working days for MMI results. Not holding out much hope on that one tho but fingers crossed!

Was hoping someone would say they've done theirs and how quickly the result came back. Stage one assessments felt like they took forever, and I know they've said 7-10 working days but she said they have to say that and it depends on how quickly emr get results out to people.

Good luck
Any advice for the tests that helped you get through them?
 

luvlyjubly86

Member
Joined
25 Jan 2023
Messages
33
Location
Here
Congrats on passing the computer tests! and as you say fingers crossed for you on the MMI I hope you get the successful phone call quicker than the 7-10 days, how did you find everything on the day ? did you only do the computer tests and MMI ?
Thanks. Yes so it ran as follows - write down answers for MMI questions, short break situational judgement questionnaire, short break, all 3 computer tests, short break, results, then given time for MMI. Then home
Any advice for the tests that helped you get through them?
Just similar stuff that's been said on a lot of these forums really, stay calm, don't loose ur nerve, and be prepared to explain ur reasoning & feelings for MMI.
I found the ball on track way harder than I thought I would, I'd had a fair bit of practice on my computer so went in feeling confident but by the tenth time round (the last one) my hands were shaking like mad! The images one just say what u definitely saw, don't think oh I saw X so I must have seen Y too.
Oh and take some lunch too, there was free tea/coffee available (was very nice actually) and some nice blueberry muffins but if ur gonna b there all day u might want to take something more substantial.
Hope that helps.

== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==

Got my email, I've passed stage 2. I'm over the moon!!!
Good luck everyone else.

@JFerreday have you had any news on next steps etc yet?
 
Last edited:

alexander744

Member
Joined
10 Mar 2022
Messages
8
Location
nottingham
Thanks. Yes so it ran as follows - write down answers for MMI questions, short break situational judgement questionnaire, short break, all 3 computer tests, short break, results, then given time for MMI. Then home

Just similar stuff that's been said on a lot of these forums really, stay calm, don't loose ur nerve, and be prepared to explain ur reasoning & feelings for MMI.
I found the ball on track way harder than I thought I would, I'd had a fair bit of practice on my computer so went in feeling confident but by the tenth time round (the last one) my hands were shaking like mad! The images one just say what u definitely saw, don't think oh I saw X so I must have seen Y too.
Oh and take some lunch too, there was free tea/coffee available (was very nice actually) and some nice blueberry muffins but if ur gonna b there all day u might want to take something more substantial.
Hope that helps.

== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==

Got my email, I've passed stage 2. I'm over the moon!!!
Good luck everyone else.

@JFerreday have you had any news on next steps etc yet?
thanks for the advice!

wow congratulations to the both of you for passing! hopefully i'll be with you in July, when it's my turn
 
Joined
15 Feb 2023
Messages
31
Passed the computer tests last week just waiting to hear back from MMI, I have absolutely no idea how I did really, you always think you could have done better but fingers crossed. Well done to those that passed :D
 

luvlyjubly86

Member
Joined
25 Jan 2023
Messages
33
Location
Here
Passed the computer tests last week just waiting to hear back from MMI, I have absolutely no idea how I did really, you always think you could have done better but fingers crossed. Well done to those that passed :D
Fingers crossed for u! I came out thinking I'd probably not done too well, but just goes to show, you never know ‍♀️
hopefully u get a quick response.
 

Adzlib

Member
Joined
16 Oct 2022
Messages
30
Location
Derbyshire
Passed the computer tests last week just waiting to hear back from MMI, I have absolutely no idea how I did really, you always think you could have done better but fingers crossed. Well done to those that passed :D
Mine came back the day after mate so I don't think you will be waiting long
 
Joined
15 Feb 2023
Messages
31
Mine came back the day after mate so I don't think you will be waiting long
Mine came back this evening and I passed:D, really thought I'd be waiting til next week. Good luck to everyone who is doing theirs!

== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==

what depot are you going for?
I live near city center in Nottingham so hoping to get in at Nottingham
 

luvlyjubly86

Member
Joined
25 Jan 2023
Messages
33
Location
Here
Mine came back this evening and I passed:D, really thought I'd be waiting til next week. Good luck to everyone who is doing theirs!

== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==


I live near city center in Nottingham so hoping to get in at Nottingham
That's fab news, well done!
 
Joined
15 Feb 2023
Messages
31
very good news congratulations to you all! any advice on the MMI? is it intense as some say it can be with the probing questions
If I'm honest, although my hands were shaking because I was so nervous, the interviewer was fantastic she didn't make it feel intense at all, as long as your answers are genuine and you can talk about them in some detail you'll be fine. Make sure you use answers where you can remember exactly what happened and how you felt about the situation.

== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==

Where is everyone going for? Most people I've spoken to are looking to go to Derby, any for Nottingham?
 

alexander744

Member
Joined
10 Mar 2022
Messages
8
Location
nottingham
If I'm honest, although my hands were shaking because I was so nervous, the interviewer was fantastic she didn't make it feel intense at all, as long as your answers are genuine and you can talk about them in some detail you'll be fine. Make sure you use answers where you can remember exactly what happened and how you felt about the situation.

== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==

Where is everyone going for? Most people I've spoken to are looking to go to Derby, any for Nottingham?
That's good the interviewer was nice hope its the same for me but I get what you mean thanks for the advice. If successful I'll be going for Nottingham
 

Adzlib

Member
Joined
16 Oct 2022
Messages
30
Location
Derbyshire
That's good the interviewer was nice hope its the same for me but I get what you mean thanks for the advice. If successful I'll be going for Nottingham
Good luck mate youl be fine. They were spot on for my mmi and tests very chilled etc.

Anyone already working at EMR heard anything about possible start dates etc?

I think from previous threads they started around January the following year.
 

luvlyjubly86

Member
Joined
25 Jan 2023
Messages
33
Location
Here
That's good the interviewer was nice hope its the same for me but I get what you mean thanks for the advice. If successful I'll be going for Nottingham
Was the same for mine, none of the "catching you out" type stuff ive seen others post about previously. Good luck!
Good luck mate youl be fine. They were spot on for my mmi and tests very chilled etc.

Anyone already working at EMR heard anything about possible start dates etc?

I think from previous threads they started around January the following year.
I dont think any one knows when start dates will be. I don't work for emr but have heard various different responses regarding course dates from people who do, so I think the best thing to do is stick with the frame of mind that you will be in a talent pool for up to 2 years and if you get something sooner rather than later then that's a bonus. I suppose at this point they don't even know how many they will have in the talent pool if they are continuing stage 2 testing into July.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top