Midlands
Member
I’ve passed as well! Congratulations everyone made it and commiserations who did not. Now to the next stage!
Last edited:
They’ve just emailed me with the date. Check your emails and good luckTo all those who passed the assessment day between 20th and 24th March, Congratulations. Also have any of you received a date for the competency interview? Im under the impression they take place week commencing 10th April?
Thanks
Brill thanks. not got it yet, but I'll keep an eye out. good luck to you too.They’ve just emailed me with the date. Check your emails and good luck
cool, was it the standard five competence based questions?Had my interview yesterday, apparently there's four weeks worth of interviews to conduct so will take quite a while for the results
I don't think we should give all the later candidates a better chance and do ourselves out of a job? Pretty sure EMR have only booked a set number of places on the final stage, the original job ad suggested 6 or 7 OPC days, the interview is scored presumably, would make sense that only the top scorers would get places on those days?cool, was it the standard five competence based questions?
I didn’t ask for the questions, just general idea. Ofcourse it is a competence based interview but some throw in a bit more company specific questions. Not that I won’t be prepared for anything.I don't think we should give all the later candidates a better chance and do ourselves out of a job? Pretty sure EMR have only booked a set number of places on the final stage, the original job ad suggested 6 or 7 OPC days, the interview is scored presumably, would make sense that only the top scorers would get places on those days?
Congratulations on your pass. Is this your first time applying for the role? I asked for the feedback and definitely applying again next time.Seems a blanket email has been sent with last week's results - I managed to pass! Sorry to those who haven't made it this time round.
I've already completed stage 2 driver testing so believe it's a case of a medical then I'm in the talent pool
Sorry to hear that! U managed to get from 1200 down to last 110 people (or so I've heard) so well done on that alone mate. Don't let it put u off applying again!Well, that’s me out after failing DMI, good luck to you all in the process.
Well done! Lucky uve done stage 2 already. Good luck with ur medical!Seems a blanket email has been sent with last week's results - I managed to pass! Sorry to those who haven't made it this time round.
I've already completed stage 2 driver testing so believe it's a case of a medical then I'm in the talent pool
No this is the 2nd with EMR, made it to the final interview last year but failed, definitely ask for the feedback as it was very useful for this time round. I never expected to pass 1st time round as I know how competitive the jobs are!Congratulations on your pass. Is this your first time applying for the role? I asked for the feedback and definitely applying again next time.
ThanksSorry to hear that! U managed to get from 1200 down to last 110 people (or so I've heard) so well done on that alone mate. Don't let it put u off applying again!
== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==
Well done! Lucky uve done stage 2 already. Good luck with ur medical!
I've managed to pass this stage too, any top tips for stage 2?
from memory stage 2 is designed to test how you cope with pressure, main thing is to keep your composure and don't panic. I think everyone walks out thinking they have failed but that's how the test is set up.Thanks, that sounds like a good bit of advice. What depot have you put in for?No this is the 2nd with EMR, made it to the final interview last year but failed, definitely ask for the feedback as it was very useful for this time round. I never expected to pass 1st time round as I know how competitive the jobs are!
Thanksfrom memory stage 2 is designed to test how you cope with pressure, main thing is to keep your composure and don't panic. I think everyone walks out thinking they have failed but that's how the test is set up.
No this is the 2nd with EMR, made it to the final interview last year but failed, definitely ask for the feedback as it was very useful for this time round. I never expected to pass 1st time round as I know how competitive the jobs are!

Thanks. I can’t let it put me off as I want this job. Only this time wasn’t meant to be so onto the next round! Email states that I’d be progressed to DMI stage again so no need to do first two stages next time, which is somethingThat's certainly the best way to look at it,don't let it put you off and use all the experience you've gained this time for next time!
You shouldn't have a problem passing the shortlisting/group interviews next time either as it's all very similar.

Congrats pal, hooefully it will be good news for me as well.Yes I'm through as well, just the opc 2 now!! So far to come so fingers crossed
I've passed as well good luck just stage 2 now, it's a few weeks for me until stage 2 opc. Very nervous I don't want to come this far and fail that. Anyone done stage 2? Do many people fail? Thanks.Anyone else passed their DMI?
This is my thinking too. Most chesterfield's emr staff seem to be based at Derby, rail links to Derby are much better than to Notts for shift start and end times at the extremities of the timetable. Save yourself a fortune in petrol over your career. Also, by road, getting off at J26 and working your way across the city to Nottm station is a b*tch.Put in for Derby, I live in Chesterfield so not really much difference between them!
In my opinion, OPC stage 2 is easier than stage 1.I've passed as well good luck just stage 2 now, it's a few weeks for me until stage 2 opc. Very nervous I don't want to come this far and fail that. Anyone done stage 2? Do many people fail? Thanks.
That's really interesting that u think stage 2 is easier. What did u personally find easier about it?In my opinion, OPC stage 2 is easier than stage 1.
I'm June as well, same here the rest your able to prep for and not so much for this, especially with it being the last stage. But fingers crossed for you all.That's really interesting that u think stage 2 is easier. What did u personally find easier about it?
I'm having kittens about stage 2 I went into all thenother stages feeling pretty confident, but I think it's the MMI that scares the life out of me! Other than the driver manager interview, I've not had a formal interview grilling in at least 10years. All the jobs I've had since then have been informal chats.. "this is the job, can u do it?" type thing.
I think its the idea that this is the last hurdle, and we've come so far but still feels like a massive set of hoops to jump through still that adds to the pressure I spose.
Well done @wizardstoenail & @Adzlib too!! When's everyone's assessment dates? Mines not until the second week of June!!
I've no idea to be honest, but I've heard talent pool is running dry so hopefully when we all pass we all get a spot sooner rather than later!I'm June as well, same here the rest your able to prep for and not so much for this, especially with it being the last stage. But fingers crossed for you all.
Anyone any ideas about training dates and number of slots available for the courses?
Be interesting to know how many of us are left
Oooh, have you passed that already then? If so, does that mean you've had a job offer?In my opinion, OPC stage 2 is easier than stage 1.
I never even thought about the rail links but that is a very good point!This is my thinking too. Most chesterfield's emr staff seem to be based at Derby, rail links to Derby are much better than to Notts for shift start and end times at the extremities of the timetable. Save yourself a fortune in petrol over your career. Also, by road, getting off at J26 and working your way across the city to Nottm station is a b*tch.
I had an email last week confirming that they are accepting my previous OPC stage 2 mark and that I'm all the way through the process email to follow some point in May with further details!Oooh, have you passed that already then? If so, does that mean you've had a job offer?
If you can pass DMI, then you should be able to pass MMI, I've failed to go through DMI twice, different companies but passed MMI twice, maybe it's just me. The computer based ones I found them easy as long as you don't panic and the practice materials I bought in 2017 helped me prepare. I bought DVDs that I think I still have somewhere, will dig them out.That's really interesting that u think stage 2 is easier. What did u personally find easier about it?
I'm having kittens about stage 2 I went into all thenother stages feeling pretty confident, but I think it's the MMI that scares the life out of me! Other than the driver manager interview, I've not had a formal interview grilling in at least 10years. All the jobs I've had since then have been informal chats.. "this is the job, can u do it?" type thing.
I think its the idea that this is the last hurdle, and we've come so far but still feels like a massive set of hoops to jump through still that adds to the pressure I spose.
Well done @wizardstoenail & @Adzlib too!! When's everyone's assessment dates? Mines not until the second week of June!!
Done them before, expired last year.Oooh, have you passed that already then? If so, does that mean you've had a job offer?