Prudhoe
Member
180111 showing on 1M04 St Pancras-Corby
As shown on WNXX this morning
110 & 111 - 1C06 & 1D56
110 - 1D09 1B31 1D33 1B53 1B79 1F79
111 - 1M04 7P05 1D26 1B46 1B77 1P77
Seriously? Not on the 2nd day1B31 reported delayed at Market Harborough with fire alarm activated!
Certainly delayed: Realtime Trains - 1B31 1012 Nottingham to St Pancras InternationalSeriously? Not on the 2nd day![]()
1B31 reported delayed at Market Harborough with fire alarm activated!
1B31 reported delayed at Market Harborough with fire alarm activated!
That's right. We never have have false alarms on 222's and Hst's...........Oh yes we do......Oh no we don't. ............
First day of service. One diagram a no-show, the other two both fail during the day.That's right. We never have have false alarms on 222's and Hst's...........Oh yes we do......Oh no we don't. ............
The slam door HSTs are still in service, just with five diagrams.There's a surprise - I knew that 180's would be a bad idea (much as I've enjoyed them). Should have kept the slam-door HST's in service for a bit longer then at least you'd have reliability!
Not a big surprise. Take an aging class notorious for it's unreliability even when much newer into service on a major line away from engineers who at least understand it's foibles (even if they couldn't ever solve them)... What could possibly go wrong?
I thought that I'd seen figures that suggest that they'd got worse with age. You are, of course, entirely correct that they've never been great shakes reliability-wise.It's not really an age issue - Voyagers are a similar age and very reliable. More a case that the 180s have always been unreliable right from new.
Easy for us armchair experts to say. There will be a few HSTs and any spare 222's deputising regularly I guess . Surely enough spare 222's while the reduced timetable is in operation. But I would imagine they need 180's running to keep drivers up to speed.Hate to say "I told you so".
They should have stuck with the HST's instead.
Let's see how much money needs to be thrown at them to get them running properly. EMR have got them for at least 2 years.
Worst case they will just add extra time In the diagrams for low power etc.
== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==
Easy for us armchair experts to say. There will be a few HSTs and any spare 222's deputising regularly I guess . Surely enough spare 222's while the reduced timetable is in operation. But I would imagine they need 180's running to keep drivers up to speed.
Worst case they will just add extra time In the diagrams for low power etc.
What do you expect, when using a 180 you’ll be going nowhere.
A lot of nonsense being talked with regards to the 180s and their reliability. The 180s have certainly had their issues in the past but which trains haven’t? The GC ones are fairly reliable and I’ve had this information from a friend who’s a driver at GC.
The maintenance on both the HT and GC units hasn’t been the best and certainly not up to the standards you’d expect from a franchise TOC.
With a proper maintenance schedule and consistent use these will prove to be just as reliable as any other rolling stock. And acceleration when running on all engines is better than voyagers, there will be no issues keeping to time. Give them time.