• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Elizabeth Line - Trainee Driver - Recruitment Discussion

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

hbviii

New Member
Joined
11 May 2026
Messages
4
Location
Essex
There might be some movement from the Recruitment team in the coming months for both the most recent campaign and the previous campaign (which was the one I applied for).
I just got a call for a 18 Jan 2027 course start date. Anyone else?
Hi mate, well done on the call!

Was this for Abbey Wood or Old Oak Common?
 

hbviii

New Member
Joined
11 May 2026
Messages
4
Location
Essex
The base set, plus DFFT (driver fault finding test), in person SJT and in person VSE. So I beleive thats 9 tests in total?

Thanks! Been waiting a while! OOC.
Brilliant, well done. Been in holding pool since Feb for Abbey Wood, just trying to gauge how long I can expect to wait
 

Chippychips

Member
Joined
14 Jan 2022
Messages
272
Location
London
Brilliant, well done. Been in holding pool since Feb for Abbey Wood, just trying to gauge how long I can expect to wait
Hopefully not too long. I'm guessing OOC has more vacant spots, seeing as the latest advert was hiring for OOC only. Maybe contact recruitment to find out?
I was in the pool from around Feb also.
 

spinningtop26

New Member
Joined
1 Oct 2026
Messages
1
Location
United Kingdom
Just wondering if anyone else from the 1156 Old Oak Common Trainee Driver recruitment has had any recent movement?

I’ve completed both OPC stages and have now passed Stage 2/MMI, and I’m currently waiting to hear from GTS regarding next steps.

Most of the recent discussion seems to be from the earlier Abbey Wood recruitment, so I was curious whether anyone else from the 1156 campaign is at a similar stage or has heard anything about the next stage/DMI.
 

RedRose96

New Member
Joined
3 Oct 2026
Messages
1
Location
East London
Hey everyone, I applied on 19th June for the trainee train driver 1156 for OOC with GTS, Elizabeth line. I still have not received any emails yet from them, so was wondering if anyone has heard from GTS after having done the SJT and having applied that late just like I did. I also did not received any rejection email, which is probably a good sign (?). Hope someone can help
 

Top