Full details of the new Midland Bluebird routes 13 and 60 are now available on their website/app.
www.mcgillsscotlandeast.co.uk
www.mcgillsscotlandeast.co.uk
From the 2nd of December 2024 we will be operating service 13 on behalf of the City of Edinburgh Council. The route and timetable will be similar to the current service, but we would encourage customers to view our information online or look out for our leaflets which we will shortly be distributing.
www.mcgillsscotlandeast.co.uk
We will commence the operation of this service on behalf of City of Edinburgh Council. The new route will link the Dumbiedykes area with Surgeons Hall, Tollcross & Haymarket, please view the map and timetable on line or look out for our leaflets.
This is cool to see. I probably won’t use the website to see the timetables (I’m fine sticking with bustimes, thanks), but nice that it’s finally been officially announced.
A very strange route either way with much duplication with the existing Lothian 2.
It’s only the same route as the 2 for 6min towards Holyrood & 8min towards Haymarket, so I kinda see your point, but in the grand scheme of things, it doesn’t make all that much sense. Sure, you could make the argument that it is only 20min to Holyroof & 21min to Haymarket, but I don’t think the residents of Dumbiedykes will care, I think they’ll mainly be pleased to finally have a bus link up to Surgeons Hall for the first time in nearly half a decade.
The timetable for the 13 has a blinding error. On journeys towards Craigleith, Broughton is shown twice rather than Ravelston.
Yeah, that is odd. Nothing too surprising though, seen timetable misprints many a time.
I also wish that all journeys on the Saturday timetable were shown. There is enough space.
Doesn’t really matter too much, you can just go off when it should usually depart at the hours which the specific journey is timed to depart & then replace the hour with the current hour.
So I found this on Bustimes also..
So now the 3 routes are under both ABDC & BRBU. Right…
I can't see your problem, it shares the 2 route briefly after Surgeon’s and crosses it again later. With haymarket becoming such an important area, it seems a sensible destination. I would extend it from Holyrood Gait round to the front of the parliament.
I completely agree for everything other than your reasoning for the 60 going to Haymarket. Yes, it is a growing area, but as only reason I see for the connection is to maybe provide a link to a train station, but it doesn’t even go all the way to the station.
To be honest I think they’ve looked at the length of the originally proposed 13 route and realised it would’ve been too short on its own had it stopped at say, Tollcross. I think it would’ve been more useful for it to run into the core of the city centre, ie Hanover Street after serving Bristo Square. This would be less of an issue of unnecessary duplication and offer much more useful connections.
This is true.
The 2 and 12 both already connect Haymarket with Tollcross, Bristo Square and Surgeons’ Hall; between the two of them anyway. I just don’t see what benefit it brings compared to what is already offered.
I think acting like the 60
should be rerouted due to several similarities to the 2 is definitely a bit of an exaggeration, but you do have a fair point in regards to the links to Haymarket. I do think maybe a slight reroute after Tollcross would be cool, but I think that the priority should be making sure Dumbiedykes have a bus route, which they’ve so managed to get done. Let’s just hope McGills play their part & actually run it well.
The bus stop at the parliament is long gone and the road markings removed. So I think any chance that comes back is very low. I think they’ve done the sensible thing with it turning at Dynamic Earth.
I agree, the road has also gotten much busier, & I think that, what with the blind corner, reintroducing it wouldn’t be great unless they did some landscaping works to seperate the stop from where drivers will usually run down.
Does the 60 go into the Dumbiedykes estate like it did way back about 40 years ago or just serve Holyrood Road. Its a shame Lothian couldn't have just rerouted the 45 to cover this if it was the latter.
It would be cool if so, but sadly not.