• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

ECML disrupted, person hit by train 12-Jan

Status
Not open for further replies.

amcluesent

Member
Joined
19 Dec 2010
Messages
877
Looks like it's all gone wrong just outside KGX (Edit: New Southgate). I got back to PBO OK earlier, is the 18:03 from KGX the 1st EC set to be halted going north?
 
Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

142094

Established Member
Joined
7 Nov 2009
Messages
8,789
Location
Newcastle
Looks like it's all gone wrong just outside KGX. I got back to PBO OK earlier, is the 18:03 from KGX the 1st EC set to be halted going north?

18.03 is now just about on time near Wakefield. The 16.48 to Sunderland was delayed by over an hour leaving KGX - it is now just arriving at Thirsk about 70 down. FCC seems to be taking the brunt.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Looking again there is quite a bit of delays to later trains - 17.54 from Newark is running 59 down, and a lot of northbound services are just showing as Delayed.
 

amcluesent

Member
Joined
19 Dec 2010
Messages
877
Yep, typo. 19:03 to LDS. I'm guessing there's 4 or 5 northbound delayed on route but there's nothing coming into KGX, so later services are of unknown delay in getting away?
 

142094

Established Member
Joined
7 Nov 2009
Messages
8,789
Location
Newcastle
19.00 and 19.03 are both around 30 down. 18.50 HT to Hull was cancelled.
 

tsr

Established Member
Joined
15 Nov 2011
Messages
7,400
Location
Between the parallel lines
Looks like the train services will get back to normal after 2100. Up until then it's mostly "Delayed' out of KGX, according to the LDBs.

Since the incident listed on NRE was created at 1910, they've sorted that out relatively quickly. Of course, I understand that is of very little if any relevance for the NR/TOC personnel, and the family and friends of the victim, to whom my condolences are as always sent out.
 
Last edited:

John Webb

Established Member
Joined
5 Jun 2010
Messages
3,780
Location
St Albans
Sad to say there was a similar incident on the Up Fast at St Albans City station shortly before 10am today - took until mid-afternoon before services were back to normal, I understand.
 

trentside

Established Member
Joined
14 Aug 2010
Messages
3,391
Location
Messroom
Sad to say there was a similar incident on the Up Fast at St Albans City station shortly before 10am today - took until mid-afternoon before services were back to normal, I understand.

Services were moving through, subject to considerable delay until around 14:30 I think. I boarded the 1053 off East Midlands Parkway, which must have been one of the last trains to get through as the following trains were subject to delay or were cancelled.

Sympathies to all those involved in both these incidents.
 

Mashi

New Member
Joined
29 Dec 2008
Messages
4
Another sad incident, my heart goes out to all involved, especially the families, the drivers and the people involved in the aftermath.
 

Matt Taylor

Established Member
Joined
31 Aug 2008
Messages
2,362
Location
Portsmouth
That's 13 fatalities so far in 2012, I was hoping things would get better but it seems not to be the case.
 

TDK

Established Member
Joined
19 Apr 2008
Messages
4,164
Location
Crewe
That's 13 fatalities so far in 2012, I was hoping things would get better but it seems not to be the case.

On average between 27th December and 20th January percentage wise there are far more fatalities than any other time of the year
 

313103

Established Member
Joined
13 May 2006
Messages
1,595
Seems to be the week for them, LO had one near Willesden Junction on Wednesday evening.
 

wensley

Established Member
Joined
29 Jun 2008
Messages
2,045
Location
On a train...somewhere!
18.03 is now just about on time near Wakefield. The 16.48 to Sunderland was delayed by over an hour leaving KGX - it is now just arriving at Thirsk about 70 down. FCC seems to be taking the brunt.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Looking again there is quite a bit of delays to later trains - 17.54 from Newark is running 59 down, and a lot of northbound services are just showing as Delayed.

That is likely to be due, in part, to late inbound arrival of 1A65, 57L arriving, lost most of its time at York, where it was held for almost 50mins.
 

Welshman

Established Member
Joined
11 Mar 2010
Messages
3,068
I'm afraid there was also a fatality at Bagillt on the N.W.Coast line, on Wednesday the 11th Jan.
 

davido39

Member
Joined
13 Jan 2012
Messages
135
Sad to say there was a person hit by a train near Milngavie on Tuesday 10/01/12.

So not a good start to 2012 at all for all who are affected by the ongoing tragedies. :(
 

142094

Established Member
Joined
7 Nov 2009
Messages
8,789
Location
Newcastle
On average between 27th December and 20th January percentage wise there are far more fatalities than any other time of the year

Post-Christmas blues is the reason/suggestion I've heard often for the sudden increase at this time of year. We've also had 3 people jumping from the Tyne Bridge in the past couple of weeks.
 

tsr

Established Member
Joined
15 Nov 2011
Messages
7,400
Location
Between the parallel lines
I don't really like adding to this list but there's also been at least one motorway bridge incident of the same nature. I'm not sure if that was resolved successfully. It was on the M1 J38-J37 Southbound a few days ago, I think.
 

tsr

Established Member
Joined
15 Nov 2011
Messages
7,400
Location
Between the parallel lines
If this is the reason for this time, then what about before Christmas???

I think it's sometimes due to the fact that we're just in the middle of winter as well - you get season-related depression and so on. I don't like to speculate any further, really. That said, I think there are also additional factors, such as the economy, which is not just in a mess but also distinctly uncertain and troubling for many.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top