Perhaps the cleaners are working from home…!Does anyone know why EMR trains are always so filthy on the outside. I cannot remember the last time that I traveled on a service that didn't have dirty windows.
Perhaps the cleaners are working from home…!Does anyone know why EMR trains are always so filthy on the outside. I cannot remember the last time that I traveled on a service that didn't have dirty windows.
That has been a long standing problem, particularly with the 156 fleet even through the Stagecoach era.Does anyone know why EMR trains are always so filthy on the outside. I cannot remember the last time that I traveled on a service that didn't have dirty windows.
I would hope that there will be some increases in services well before December but I’m beginning to think it won’t happen.I really hope the full timetable returns in December!
Derby - Crewe was left with a 4 hour gap today after the first Crewe bound service failed at Nottingham. This meant the first arrival into Crewe wasn't until 1105!
However, presumably there will be plenty of room for the hordes wishing to travel to the Costa del Corby?Norwich City vs Manchester City at Manchester, next Saturday, 21st.
I wonder if EMR will take account of this when allocating units on Saturday!
I don’t think it’s fair to compare regional routes to that unless you where just being sarcastic.However, presumably there will be plenty of room for the hordes wishing to travel to the Costa del Corby?
Short forming is common on those too. Issues with unit shortages aren't limited to the regional services.However, presumably there will be plenty of room for the hordes wishing to travel to the Costa del Corby?
I think they strengthened the Liverpool end of the route with 222s for the Grand National, but I’m sure people said at the time it was never intended to use them on the whole route.Did I imagine it or did EMT (as was) consider running 222s on the Liverpool-Norwich services? It was big news as I recall but came to nothing. It would have been around 5 years ago.
Except it suggests that EMR have been distracted by the new sexy but essentially marginal new service at the expense of the one they are meant to run that connects SEVEN important cities.I don’t think it’s fair to compare regional routes to that unless you where just being sarcastic.
Are you suggesting they should put 360s on the Liverpool run.....?Except it suggests that EMR have been distracted by the new sexy but essentially marginal new service at the expense of the one they are meant to run that connects SEVEN important cities.
TPE 185s would be way better than EMT’s clunkers on the Nottingham-Liverpool sections, but sadly DfT seems to have rejected another excellent idea
But it’s a totally different part of EMR as it always has been since CT merged with MML. You cannot compare.Except it suggests that EMR have been distracted by the new sexy but essentially marginal new service at the expense of the one they are meant to run that connects SEVEN important cities.
EMR 185s would be way better, for the staff at the depot that has about a quarter of its work over the route at least!TPE 185s would be way better than EMT’s clunkers on the Nottingham-Liverpool sections, but sadly DfT seems to have rejected another excellent idea
No, not EMR 185s - TPE 185sEMR 185s would be way better, for the staff at the depot that has about a quarter of its work over the route at least!
Each to their own. Personally I don't see what's excellent about making potentially a quarter of a depot redundant and carrying out a recruitment/training exercise elsewhere, just to have staff in a different uniform working the same trains over the route.No, not EMR 185s - TPE 185s
EMR 185s would be way better, for the staff at the depot that has about a quarter of its work over the route at least!
Each to their own. Personally I don't see what's excellent about making potentially a quarter of a depot redundant and carrying out a recruitment/training exercise elsewhere, just to have staff in a different uniform working the same trains over the route.
Each to their own. Personally I don't see what's excellent about making potentially a quarter of a depot redundant and carrying out a recruitment/training exercise elsewhere, just to have staff in a different uniform working the same trains over the route.
That’s what normally happens on the railway? Just TUPE’d across.Are they not TUPEing EMR staff to TPE? Surely that would make more sense than redundancies due to a change of franchise?
They're not doing anything (yet). It'll stay with EMR for the foreseeable future. If it did ever go to TPE though, I'd be surprised if they didn't cover the work from Sheffield, so TUPE'ing would also involve relocation.Are they not TUPEing EMR staff to TPE? Surely that would make more sense than redundancies due to a change of franchise?
TPE might have depots, and staff at them, with the requisite traction knowledge and most of the route knowledge, but unless they're hideously over-establishment at the moment then they wouldn't be able to cover the extra work without extensive recruitment and associated training.
They said December but with suggestion it might be sooner. Given the number of short forms and cancellations we're seeing might even December be too optimistic?Does anyone know how long the 'temporary' EMR regional timetable will last, which includes 2 hourly or more gaps on several routes? Norwich/Grantham/Nottingham to Manchester/Liverpool as well as the Crewe to Derby/Nottingham services have become a joke, and it seems cancellations can occur at any given moment.
EMR then announced their intentions to create a Liverpool depot, and began the recruitment process for drivers. However, this too seems to have gone cold.
Recruitment started but was paused.I was under the impression that drivers had been recruited & trained & the Liverpool depot had started.
Thanks. Thought things started to happen. Oh well.Recruitment started but was paused.
Thanks. Thought things started to happen. Oh well.
I was under the impression that drivers had been recruited & trained & the Liverpool depot had started.
Does anyone know how long the 'temporary' EMR regional timetable will last, which includes 2 hourly or more gaps on several routes? Norwich/Grantham/Nottingham to Manchester/Liverpool as well as the Crewe to Derby/Nottingham services have become a joke, and it seems cancellations can occur at any given moment.
The DfT's stated position, at the time, was that the transfer would co-incide with an increase in local services in Lincolnshire though, which would balance out the loss of work at Nottingham. To some extent at least, that's now been catered for with an increase in establishment at a number of depots, so you'd be back to looking at potential redundancies, which is rather less than ideal.Which is exactly what they were doing prior to Covid.
TPE began their recruitment process and was even looking at depot expansions, but then the global pandemic happened, passenger numbers dropped alongside the (then) planned timetable change for late 2021 which would have seen a TPE Liverpool to Nottingham replacing the EMR Liverpool to Norwich. (TPE even looked to eventually extend their Nottingham service to Leicester and this still remains on destination blind codes)
Short formations are a consequence of working an increasingly ancient fleet rather intensively, compounded by (maintenance) staffing issues, not an operator-specific issue. Newer trains should overcome that, regardless of the operator - and traction training the crews that already work the route would solve that much more quickly than recruiting and training new drivers and guards to cover the work at a different TOC.May 2022 will be when decisions are made and nothing will change until then, and passengers (particularly in the west - including myself) will come to expect short formations and the current service unreliability that crewing a long distance service from only one end of the route will bring.