Anyone got the services that are 6 car ?
And ive noticed 6 cars on a Sunday , is there a reason for that?
In the mornings the fast from East Kilbride to Glasgow should be a 6, as well as some morning peak services.
In the evenings the 1701 and 1720 from Glasgow Central are also 6 carriages.
I'm assuming the Sunday is to do with the later start and weekend strengthening, as there would be spare 156s sitting around.
Not seen a 6 car on a Saturday. 6 car on Sunday is recent thing. I thought they were going t make all EK services at least 4 car.
On a weekday, throughout the day East Kilbride will certainly only be 2 coaches (which isn't good as it's busy) but in the peaks they'll double up. The only double workings you'll see on weekdays are the XX:57 Barrhead and peak time East Kilbride/Kilmarnock.
Why would Barrhead get a 4 car ?
I thought the 156s displaced from Shotts would bolster EK services. Yeah 2 car EK during the day can be busy , its the evening service that can be really busy after peak . Would love to see later services too
God knows why, considering Barrhead is very quiet during the day. I think the reason for doubling on Sundays is that there would be more 156s lying around due to a limited Kilmarnock and West Highland Service, as well as there being a reduced Anniesland.
Interesting , id thought they would save on fuel and keep them in depot.
Why would Barrhead get a 4 car
On a weekday, throughout the day East Kilbride will certainly only be 2 coaches (which isn't good as it's busy) but in the peaks they'll double up.
I think the later Sunday start also compromises for it, as well as having to cater for Pollokshaws and Crossmyloof who lose the Barrhead train
Remarkable how perceptions differ. It’s my local line too but I see two car 156s off peak. There are three peak time six car services with the rest four car.Was rare to never in the past but at least one Barrhead diagram is 4-car now.
In my experience (it's my local line) it's usually 4-car off-peak to EK mostly now, Kilmarnock ditto.
Remarkable how perceptions differ. It’s my local line too but I see two car 156s off peak. There are three peak time six car services with the rest four car.
Remarkable how perceptions differ. It’s my local line too but I see two car 156s off peak. There are three peak time six car services with the rest four car.
Unfortunately they weren’t supplemented between Christmas and New Year. Full by Clarkston/ Giffnock in a two car heading for Central mid morning.I must pay more attention, my observations are simply that - just remembering what I've seen. It's possible that services were strengthened over Xmas, but I'll will try and take better note of what actually runs now we are back to normality.
Was going to say four car on a Saturday and Sunday but a two car just went by!
I’m sure the late working to EK 00.18 fri/sat morning working is 6 car 4x156s..
Unfortunately they weren’t supplemented between Christmas and New Year. Full by Clarkston/ Giffnock in a two car heading for Central mid morning.
Are there any 6 car formations to Kilmarnock?
Been using the EK line this week . Morning services . Peak services seem to be 2 or 3 6 car sets and a 4 car set . Then its 2 and 4 cars off peak . Not sure if that varies day by day.
Quietest station is Thorntonhall by far then Pollokshaws West . Crossmylook surprisingly busy .
Been using the EK line this week . Morning services . Peak services seem to be 2 or 3 6 car sets and a 4 car set . Then its 2 and 4 cars off peak . Not sure if that varies day by day.
Quietest station is Thorntonhall by far then Pollokshaws West . Crossmylook surprisingly busy .
Pollokshaws West may also be quiet due to the fact that a lot of routes straight to the City Centre serve around that area (57/57A, 3, 49, 103), wheras Crossmyloof only has the 34 and 34A.
You can now see the actual allocations on Real Time Trains.
There's also the 90 on Minard Road and the 29/29A, 129 and 374 from Quentin Street, plus it's not that far to walk up Minard Road to get a 57/38/3/4 etc either
Which is precisely how I ruled out Killie having any booked 6-cars!![]()