• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Dr Who - Tennant back for "50th"-Without Davros

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Eng274

Member
Joined
19 Aug 2010
Messages
796
How about anyone else....

I'd say Male : James Nesbitt

And if it has to be female :(......... Jo brand :lol:

I've always thought Robert Lindsay would make an excellent Doctor, but in the present era of pandering to the kids (with the inevitable merchandise that they crave) it is unlikely to happen. A groovy older brother is more marketable than an enigmatic, slightly insane grandad figure that was almost the 'norm' back in the 60s and early 70s.
 

Butts

Veteran Member
Joined
16 Jan 2011
Messages
11,841
Location
Stirlingshire
I've always thought Robert Lindsay would make an excellent Doctor, but in the present era of pandering to the kids (with the inevitable merchandise that they crave) it is unlikely to happen. A groovy older brother is more marketable than an enigmatic, slightly insane grandad figure that was almost the 'norm' back in the 60s and early 70s.

Citizen Smith.....Wolfie....are you old enough to remember that role :p

Galafraian Popular Front !!!
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
He's not the best, but worst? Worse than Pertwee, Colin Baker, McCoy?

Jon Pertwee my firstish and one of my favourite Doctor's :p
 

Butts

Veteran Member
Joined
16 Jan 2011
Messages
11,841
Location
Stirlingshire
Another mediocre episode tonight....

When are we going to have murder and mayhem from Daleks or Cybermen or preferably both :p
 

yorksrob

Veteran Member
Joined
6 Aug 2009
Messages
44,413
Location
Yorks
The worst is Mcgann in that "American Psuedo Who" production :p

Yes I saw that when it went out. It didn't herald a new beginning !

But I reiterate my point - I don't get the dissing of Pertwee.
 

Butts

Veteran Member
Joined
16 Jan 2011
Messages
11,841
Location
Stirlingshire
Yes I saw that when it went out. It didn't herald a new beginning !

But I reiterate my point - I don't get the dissing of Pertwee.

Neither do I , I have liked all the Doctors including Peter Cushing in The Films.
 
Last edited:

Butts

Veteran Member
Joined
16 Jan 2011
Messages
11,841
Location
Stirlingshire
Looks like The Cybermen are back next week ....trailer at the end of tonights episode....about time and in numbers by the look of it :p

One Sontaran doth not a monster make....:idea:
 

Butts

Veteran Member
Joined
16 Jan 2011
Messages
11,841
Location
Stirlingshire
Excellent episode tonight - but I'm confused...

Is John Hurt the next Dr Who ???

I heard no whispers about his appearance - a complete shock and pleasant suprise :p
 

Johnuk123

Established Member
Joined
19 Mar 2012
Messages
2,800
Excellent episode tonight - but I'm confused...

Is John Hurt the next Dr Who ???

I heard no whispers about his appearance - a complete shock and pleasant suprise :p


Of course he is.
 

Johnuk123

Established Member
Joined
19 Mar 2012
Messages
2,800
Are you taking the pi** or being serious ?

In America the DVD of the series was released in error last week so they've seen the final episode and John Hurt is definitely the new Doctor.
I am not particularly a Doctor Who fan but have a lot of relatives in the USA and one told me on Skype the other day that the Elephant man is the new Doctor, although he might only be him for one episode.
 
Last edited:

Greenback

Emeritus Moderator
Joined
9 Aug 2009
Messages
15,268
Location
Llanelli
Ther ehave been a few internet stories that I have seen as far back as two or three weeks with photos of John Hurt filming for the 50th Anniversary show. He is also supposed to have leaked the fact that he plays the Doctor himself (though that may have been with the backing of the production team).

The costume Hurt was wearing on set has been described as a cross between Ecclestone's Doctor and McGann's. Ther eis less information about what could be in the plot, but I am pleased about that and I intedn to avoid any more spoilers from now until November 23rd!
 

Butts

Veteran Member
Joined
16 Jan 2011
Messages
11,841
Location
Stirlingshire
Ther ehave been a few internet stories that I have seen as far back as two or three weeks with photos of John Hurt filming for the 50th Anniversary show. He is also supposed to have leaked the fact that he plays the Doctor himself (though that may have been with the backing of the production team).

The costume Hurt was wearing on set has been described as a cross between Ecclestone's Doctor and McGann's. Ther eis less information about what could be in the plot, but I am pleased about that and I intedn to avoid any more spoilers from now until November 23rd!

It's a great development for Whovians, perhaps as suggested Hurt will be a transitional Doctor.

I don't think they could afford him as a permanent replacement.

All we need now is Davros back :p
 

Oswyntail

Established Member
Joined
23 May 2009
Messages
4,183
Location
Yorkshire
... the Elephant man is the new Doctor, although he might only be him for one episode.
You mean "the voice of the dragon"
One thing is certain - if the Doctor Who team put something like that in open play this early,it means that something completely different is going to happen.
 

Class172

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
Joined
20 Mar 2011
Messages
3,894
Location
West Country
Really, The Rani? I shall have to divulge myself in "The Time Travellers Almanac" to fInd out more if that is the case.

I heard that John Hurt would be the 13th Doctor, but if that is true, the question remains, who is the twelfth?
 

High Dyke

Established Member
Joined
1 Jan 2013
Messages
5,019
Location
Yellabelly Country
Not to be confused with the People's Front of Gallifrey :D
Splitter! ;)

Back to the thread though. Having watched it up to now IMO this series is improving...it's just taking a bit of time. There still seems an air of mystery about it though. There is some on-screen chemistry betwen the two lead characters, but not as much as there has been in previous series.
 

Greenback

Emeritus Moderator
Joined
9 Aug 2009
Messages
15,268
Location
Llanelli
Really, The Rani? I shall have to divulge myself in "The Time Travellers Almanac" to fInd out more if that is the case.

I heard that John Hurt would be the 13th Doctor, but if that is true, the question remains, who is the twelfth?

Popular opinion in fandom is that John Hurt could be the 'real' 9th Doctor. Or that he is the 'real' 1st Doctor. Or The Rain. Or The Valeyard. Or The Other (I confess to not knowing who that is). Some even think he is Omega.

Then again, these theories come out about just about any character that joins the series with a bit of a mystery behind them...
 

ainsworth74

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Joined
16 Nov 2009
Messages
31,124
Location
Redcar
Well my thoughts are that he's the Doctor that fits in between McGann and Eccleston, specifically the Doctor that ended The Time War that destroyed Gallifrey and the Daleks. Which to my mind explains why Smith's Doctor reacts so negatively towards him and why he would have been 'erased' from his active memory. If I'd been responsible for wiping out my whole species I don't think I'd want to spend much time thinking about it!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top