Does the regulisation on buses, when they are running closely together depend on which route they are on?
Yesterday I got a K3 bus that was delayed. As I got towards my destination a K3 bus that had been 6 minutes behind overtook us.
These things happen. Today I got a 57. There were two together. So I decided to get the one behind as it was less busy and might overtake the one in front.
Shortly the driver came on today he had been told to wait 2 minutes to regulise the service.
2 minutes went and the bus switched off. Shortly another 57 overtook us. Not sure how long we waited but given traffic can be bad, I wouldn't have thought they'd want to wait too long, especially if another 57 isn't so car behind.
So I went down to ask the driver when we were leaving and pointed out a us had overtaken us. Before asking I saw he was opening the bus doors and getting on with a drink.
I wouldn't want to accuse him of anything but it did look like he was told to wait so he decided to get a drink which further delayed the bus so that we got overtaken.
My initial question didn't involve that but that just happened whilst I was typing this.
Needless to say we are now 10 minutes behind the bus I could have caught and the one that passed us is 3 minutes ahead. So much for waiting 2 minutes.
Yesterday I got a K3 bus that was delayed. As I got towards my destination a K3 bus that had been 6 minutes behind overtook us.
These things happen. Today I got a 57. There were two together. So I decided to get the one behind as it was less busy and might overtake the one in front.
Shortly the driver came on today he had been told to wait 2 minutes to regulise the service.
2 minutes went and the bus switched off. Shortly another 57 overtook us. Not sure how long we waited but given traffic can be bad, I wouldn't have thought they'd want to wait too long, especially if another 57 isn't so car behind.
So I went down to ask the driver when we were leaving and pointed out a us had overtaken us. Before asking I saw he was opening the bus doors and getting on with a drink.
I wouldn't want to accuse him of anything but it did look like he was told to wait so he decided to get a drink which further delayed the bus so that we got overtaken.
My initial question didn't involve that but that just happened whilst I was typing this.
Needless to say we are now 10 minutes behind the bus I could have caught and the one that passed us is 3 minutes ahead. So much for waiting 2 minutes.
Last edited: