• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

"Do not go on the track" : is this all going too far.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antman

Established Member
Joined
3 May 2013
Messages
6,840
And what happens when it isn't one of those?

As I said, keeping digging your hole, because it is getting deeper and deeper.

I've been accused of digging a hole as well by somebody else, seems anybody that puts forward an alternative view gets similarly accused;)
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Justin Smith

Established Member
Joined
14 Nov 2009
Messages
1,441
Location
Sheffield
What about trains doing more than 10mph?

I can`t remember ever seeing a train go through there at any speed I`d call fast. Does anyone know what the speed limit is at Doncaster on the track next to platform 8 ?
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
We already debunked your crappy argument, don't bother repeating it

I don`t consider you have.
 

Harbornite

Established Member
Joined
7 May 2016
Messages
3,627
I've been accused of digging a hole as well by somebody else, seems anybody that puts forward an alternative view gets similarly accused;)

Nothing wrong with alternative views, but if they are wrong then don't get all touchy when people start questioning them. This thread isn't the first in which you have spouted ill informed crap.
 

Flamingo

Established Member
Joined
26 Apr 2010
Messages
6,806
I have been involved (at least in the congestion) in two fatalities caused by young women jumping down onto the track to retrieve their mobile phones. Apparently the last words of one, when her friends shouted a warning, was "Don't worry, they'll stop when they see me".

As well as being unbelievably stupid and dangerous, nobody has pointed out it is illegal, with a £1000 fine.

If anybody on this site thinks that all the arguments are unreasonable, the only advice I can give them is travel by bus. I think I'm talking for all the railstaff on the site when I say my colleagues and I don't want you anywhere near our workplace with that attitude.
 

Harbornite

Established Member
Joined
7 May 2016
Messages
3,627
I can`t remember ever seeing a train go through there at any speed I`d call fast. Does anyone know what the speed limit is at Doncaster on the track next to platform 8 ?
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---


I don`t consider you have.

I have, trains take longer to brake and the platforms are higher so they restrict movement, plus there's the anti-trespass rules.
 

highdyke

Member
Joined
29 Dec 2015
Messages
678
I've been accused of digging a hole as well by somebody else, seems anybody that puts forward an alternative view gets similarly accused;)

LOL I wouldn't worry too much, we've had weeks of railwaymen on here debate the pros and cons of DOO, even though said system has been deemed safe by the organisation that does all these risks and writes the rules: The Rail Safety and Standards board.

What's good for the goose is good for the gander eh?!
 
Last edited:

Antman

Established Member
Joined
3 May 2013
Messages
6,840
Nothing wrong with alternative views, but if they are wrong then don't get all touchy when people start questioning them. This thread isn't the first in which you have spouted ill informed crap.

Keep the insults coming, water off a ducks back to me! Now who is the one digging themselves into a hole? When rational debate fails then resort to abuse eh?:roll:
 

Harbornite

Established Member
Joined
7 May 2016
Messages
3,627
LOL I wouldn't worry too much, we've had weeks of railwaymen on here debate the pros and cons of DOO, even though said system has been deemed safe by the organisation that does all these risks and writes and the rules: The Rail Safety and Standards boards.

What's good for the goose is good for the gander eh?!

This thread isn't about DOO, though. Do you think hopping onto the tracks to retrieve a phone at a busy station is a good idea, ignoring the legalities of this.
 

highdyke

Member
Joined
29 Dec 2015
Messages
678
This thread isn't about DOO, though. Do you think hopping onto the tracks to retrieve a phone at a busy station is a good idea, ignoring the legalities of this.

LOL Of course I don't. But people will always challenge ideas, that's fine by me, keep it coming.
 

Harbornite

Established Member
Joined
7 May 2016
Messages
3,627
Keep the insults coming, water off a ducks back to me! Now who is the one digging themselves into a hole? When rational debate fails then resort to abuse eh?:roll:

Quite ironic really, you're the irrational one and most of the forum seems to agree. When someone you know tries to retrieve a phone from a railway line and gets ****ted, I will quote this back to you.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
LOL Of course I don't. But people will always challenge ideas, that's fine by me, keep it coming.

This is a forum so you should expect two points of view and criticism of people for spouting nonsense. Also, considering that this forum is frequented by rail staff, are you surprised that DOO isn't popular? Neither are knowalls who think the rules don't apply because the people who made them are "nazis", an entirely rational argument of course.
 

Dave1987

On Moderation
Joined
20 Oct 2012
Messages
4,563
I've witnessed passengers jump down into the 4 foot to retrieve their belongings they have dropped. All have been detained and then arrested by BTP and then charged or cautioned appropriately. CCTV evidence on stations is a slam dunk. It's against railway byelaws to trespass on the track. If you do so and get caught expect to be dealt with. End of really. I think BTP spend to much time clearing up the mess that results from people trespassing so they take a very firm line on it.
 
Last edited:

Flamingo

Established Member
Joined
26 Apr 2010
Messages
6,806
LOL I wouldn't worry too much, we've had weeks of railwaymen on here debate the pros and cons of DOO, even though said system has been deemed safe by the organisation that does all these risks and writes and the rules: The Rail Safety and Standards board.

What's good for the goose is good for the gander eh?!

No, we've had weeks of railwaymen and women saying the con's of DOO.

I haven't seen any railwaymen saying there are any pro's to it.
 

Darandio

Established Member
Joined
24 Feb 2007
Messages
11,145
Location
Redcar
I've been accused of digging a hole as well by somebody else, seems anybody that puts forward an alternative view gets similarly accused;)

There shouldn't an alternative view, it's as simple as that.
 

highdyke

Member
Joined
29 Dec 2015
Messages
678
This is a forum so you should expect two points of view and criticism of people for spouting nonsense. Also, considering that this forum is frequented by rail staff, are you surprised that DOO isn't popular? Neither are knowalls who think the rules don't apply because the people who made them are "nazis", an entirely rational argument of course.

Two points of view is the spice of the world and makes us human. It's shutting down debates with insults, war, fights, laws worries me.

I'm sticking up for him to keep it friendly, not because I think he's right.
 

Antman

Established Member
Joined
3 May 2013
Messages
6,840
Quite ironic really, you're the irrational one and most of the forum seems to agree. When someone you know tries to retrieve a phone from a railway line and gets ****ted, I will quote this back to you.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---


This is a forum so you should expect two points of view and criticism of people for spouting nonsense. Also, considering that this forum is frequented by rail staff, are you surprised that DOO isn't popular? Neither are knowalls who think the rules don't apply because the people who made them are "nazis", an entirely rational argument of course.

Oh gosh, more insults. And I've never heard the term '****ted' before:D
 

highdyke

Member
Joined
29 Dec 2015
Messages
678
No, we've had weeks of railwaymen and women saying the con's of DOO.

I haven't seen any railwaymen saying there are any pro's to it.

Correction *some* railwaymen. I'm just illustrating why some people don't always agree with laws and rules.
 

Antman

Established Member
Joined
3 May 2013
Messages
6,840
I've witnessed passengers jump down into the 4 foot to retrieve their belongings they have dropped. All have been detained and then arrested by BTP and then charged or cautioned appropriately. CCTV evidence on stations is a slam dunk. It's against railway byelaws to trespass on the track. If you do so and get caught expect to be dealt with. End of really. I think BTP spend to much time clearing up the mess that results from people trespassing so they take a very firm line on it.

I've seen passengers do that too but none have been arrested to my knowledge although BTP weren't there at the time:cry:
 

Darandio

Established Member
Joined
24 Feb 2007
Messages
11,145
Location
Redcar
I'm sticking up for him to keep it friendly, not because I think he's right.

No, it's because you cannot resist an argument.

There is no other reason to bring the DOO argument over to this thread other than for that purpose.
 

Darandio

Established Member
Joined
24 Feb 2007
Messages
11,145
Location
Redcar
Except when it's DOO eh? LOL You couldn't make this stuff up.

This isn't about DOO.

Why should there be an alternative argument to something that is dangerous, highly unresponsible and illegal?

There isn't an alternative, you know it, Antman knows it, the OP knows it. Anything otherwise is trolling.

Insulted? Sue me.
 

Deepgreen

Established Member
Joined
12 Jun 2013
Messages
7,490
Location
Gomshall, Surrey
Two points of view is the spice of the world and makes us human. It's shutting down debates with insults, war, fights, laws worries me.

I'm sticking up for him to keep it friendly, not because I think he's right.

Very laudable regarding the friendliness, but, fundamentally, railway trespass is illegal, dangerous and causes hugely disproportional delay so there really aren't two sides of a 'debate' here. Now, possibly if the question had been 'should it be made legal' to do what the OP briefly considered doing, the responses may have been a little different (but not very, I suspect).
 

highdyke

Member
Joined
29 Dec 2015
Messages
678
It's not about DOO and we shouldn't discuss it further. My point was sometimes people challenge ideas, and question rules, and that's not always a bad idea.
 

Harbornite

Established Member
Joined
7 May 2016
Messages
3,627
Except when it's DOO eh? LOL You couldn't make this stuff up.

You are deluded. There are two sides to the DOO debate, there aren't two sides to this debate. Try tellng that to the relatives of those individuals who have ended up splattered across the front of a train.
 

highdyke

Member
Joined
29 Dec 2015
Messages
678
You are deluded. There are two sides to the DOO debate, there aren't two sides to this debate. Try tellng that to the relatives of those individuals who have ended up splattered across the front of a train.

You've missed the point by a country mile...but no worries carry on.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top