A few points:
Apparently there's an issue with sightlines for the platform mirrors for the B23s. At certain times the operators are required to use the controls at the front to start the trains. However, when using the front controls they currently have to use the panels by the doors at all stations to close the doors - and then return to the front to start the train. On busy services (Bank to Lewisham???) I imagine this will have some impact on timekeeping. I gather that this won't be dealt with for some time.
There are currently 4 units in passenger service and earlier comments assume that they are all in daily service at the same time. I think this is often not the case and there's often one train not in service. Whether this is due to minor faults being addressed, a great deal of caution, or something completely different, I don't know.
Regarding the test running of trains, does anyone actually know how this is proceeding and how / when / how often this will deliver further trains to passenger service? 238 recently entered service, and from memory I think this was doing test running last year until the trains were hurriedly withdrawn, so it may have been fairly easy to get it into service. In the 5 weeks since the B23s resumed service, the test running between Stratford International and Beckton has I think involved (by week) 231, 231, 219, 217, 219. So no clear pattern (yet).
Apparently there's an issue with sightlines for the platform mirrors for the B23s. At certain times the operators are required to use the controls at the front to start the trains. However, when using the front controls they currently have to use the panels by the doors at all stations to close the doors - and then return to the front to start the train. On busy services (Bank to Lewisham???) I imagine this will have some impact on timekeeping. I gather that this won't be dealt with for some time.
There are currently 4 units in passenger service and earlier comments assume that they are all in daily service at the same time. I think this is often not the case and there's often one train not in service. Whether this is due to minor faults being addressed, a great deal of caution, or something completely different, I don't know.
Regarding the test running of trains, does anyone actually know how this is proceeding and how / when / how often this will deliver further trains to passenger service? 238 recently entered service, and from memory I think this was doing test running last year until the trains were hurriedly withdrawn, so it may have been fairly easy to get it into service. In the 5 weeks since the B23s resumed service, the test running between Stratford International and Beckton has I think involved (by week) 231, 231, 219, 217, 219. So no clear pattern (yet).