My girl friend has a Disabled Person's Railcard. I often travel with her and also get the discount as an accompanying person. I've been looking at the T&Cs for the Railcard and I can't find the clear answer to two questions.
1. Can I book on the trainpal app a ticket for me, as an accompanying person, using the Disabled Person's Railcard or does she have to book both tickets on her's? Or perhaps it doesn't matter? I can see in condition 2.3 of the T&Cs that only the named cardholder can use the Railcard but I assume that is aimed at fraudulent use. I've been booking my own (only when travelling with her and where I'm entitled to the discount) and applying the Disabled Person's Railcard discount, but maybe I shouldn't be? I have a Network Railcard but in my booking history it would show that I've been using the Disabled Person's Railcard discount on peak fares when I don't have one on some occasions and then not on others (when I apply my Network Railcard) and I'm worried it might look suspicious. I can of course transfer her money and she books the tickets but I am curious whether it matters who books the tickets or whether this will likely flag some sort of suspected misuse if I contine to book my ticket.
2. It states "Only you and, where appropriate, the adult accompanying you, can use discounted tickets. The accompanying adult must travel with you throughout the journey." in 4.1. I can understand that if I was travelling further than her with the discount applied that this would be misuse but would that mean that I can't leave the train at an earlier stop as well? E.g. We both start our journey at Hove and buy two tickets with the Disabled Person's Railcard. But I want to get off at Chichester so buy a ticket to there and she is going on to Southampton Central. I am not traveling with her "throughout the journey" then. Do we have to make the exact same journey/booked the same tickets to be using the Railcard properly?
1. Can I book on the trainpal app a ticket for me, as an accompanying person, using the Disabled Person's Railcard or does she have to book both tickets on her's? Or perhaps it doesn't matter? I can see in condition 2.3 of the T&Cs that only the named cardholder can use the Railcard but I assume that is aimed at fraudulent use. I've been booking my own (only when travelling with her and where I'm entitled to the discount) and applying the Disabled Person's Railcard discount, but maybe I shouldn't be? I have a Network Railcard but in my booking history it would show that I've been using the Disabled Person's Railcard discount on peak fares when I don't have one on some occasions and then not on others (when I apply my Network Railcard) and I'm worried it might look suspicious. I can of course transfer her money and she books the tickets but I am curious whether it matters who books the tickets or whether this will likely flag some sort of suspected misuse if I contine to book my ticket.
2. It states "Only you and, where appropriate, the adult accompanying you, can use discounted tickets. The accompanying adult must travel with you throughout the journey." in 4.1. I can understand that if I was travelling further than her with the discount applied that this would be misuse but would that mean that I can't leave the train at an earlier stop as well? E.g. We both start our journey at Hove and buy two tickets with the Disabled Person's Railcard. But I want to get off at Chichester so buy a ticket to there and she is going on to Southampton Central. I am not traveling with her "throughout the journey" then. Do we have to make the exact same journey/booked the same tickets to be using the Railcard properly?