I was wondering what peoples thoughts were on the various plans to recreate extinct diesel types?
We have the Baby Deltic project which I personally am looking forward to seeing, having never seen one in action.
The Ivatt diesel group trying recreate one of the LMS twins, who seem to be moving forward.
Also the class 22 scheme which seems to me to be a very difficult thing to achieve.
Are there any other schemes apart from these?
Apologies if this has been covered before.
We have the Baby Deltic project which I personally am looking forward to seeing, having never seen one in action.
The Ivatt diesel group trying recreate one of the LMS twins, who seem to be moving forward.
Also the class 22 scheme which seems to me to be a very difficult thing to achieve.
Are there any other schemes apart from these?
Apologies if this has been covered before.
Last edited:
As it goes as a side line project I'm currently on the look out for the original drawings of the Class 13 and if I can find them I would be tempted to try and recreate one in OO scale. It wouldn't really fit in with my North London based model railway but I would love the challenge!