• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Departure board at Ebbsfleet: 'St Pancake'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Domh245

Established Member
Joined
6 Apr 2013
Messages
8,426
Location
nowhere

Crossover

Established Member
Joined
4 Jun 2009
Messages
9,493
Location
Yorkshire
South Eastern were also giving away free pancakes at St Pancras as well, to celebrate Pancake Day

I've seen a photo of one from a friend of mine - they look more like Rice Krispies bars!

One wonders what the tocs have lined up for tomorrow, not so much that it's Ash Wednesday but St Valentine's day?????

I think they did something like that last year, or was it another event I am getting it confused with?
 

snowball

Established Member
Joined
4 Mar 2013
Messages
8,144
Location
Leeds
For those of us who call the station St Pancreas they should have had sweetbreads.
 

Frontera2

Member
Joined
11 Dec 2007
Messages
268
I knew somebody on here would have a "thought" about this......... lighten up, no need to flip out. It's just a bit of fun. :rolleyes:

I thought long and hard before doing this - but it was for one station for one day.. I don't buy the "it's confusing to foreigners" line. The announcements on board and displays on the side of the trains still said the true name of the station. And to be honest, if 1 person did miss their train, is that so bad given the priceless positive media coverage it brought for the industry?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top