Recently I attempted to make a journey from Branksome to Warminster, using SWR and GWR services. There was severe disruption on the day I travelled, and I ended up on a taxi from Bournemouth-Southampton and another one Southampton-Salisbury! Followed by a train to Warminster. The taxi from SWR made it to Southampton in time for me not to miss the GWR service, had it been running, so I submitted a delay repay claim to GWR, for the 2+ hour delay experienced.
Here it gets interesting. GWR at first replied saying that they didn't cause the delay and decided to forward it to SWR for me, and I appealed to GWR as they caused the actual delay (no response just yet) SWR however have replied rejecting the claim, saying the ticket wasn't valid for the journey I made, however it certainly was. I was further delayed on the return another day, but only by 30 minutes this time.
Should I appeal SWRs response to the claim, as the reason they rejected it was wrong, or just wait for GWR. And do I apply for delay repay for the return as well, or not bother as I could get nothing if I get a full refund for the outward journey. I'm thinking if I wait to long to apply then I could miss the opportunity of the return money if for whatever reason they decide against me and a further appeal is unsuccessful.
Another question, if I won my appeal to SWR and GWR, would they both pay or is there some way for train companies to know that a 100% claim has already been made for that ticket. This is obviously a situation I want to avoid being in due to it being fraud (I assume).
Thanks
Here it gets interesting. GWR at first replied saying that they didn't cause the delay and decided to forward it to SWR for me, and I appealed to GWR as they caused the actual delay (no response just yet) SWR however have replied rejecting the claim, saying the ticket wasn't valid for the journey I made, however it certainly was. I was further delayed on the return another day, but only by 30 minutes this time.
Should I appeal SWRs response to the claim, as the reason they rejected it was wrong, or just wait for GWR. And do I apply for delay repay for the return as well, or not bother as I could get nothing if I get a full refund for the outward journey. I'm thinking if I wait to long to apply then I could miss the opportunity of the return money if for whatever reason they decide against me and a further appeal is unsuccessful.
Another question, if I won my appeal to SWR and GWR, would they both pay or is there some way for train companies to know that a 100% claim has already been made for that ticket. This is obviously a situation I want to avoid being in due to it being fraud (I assume).
Thanks
