Are the 08s known for their track skipping bounciness?
I did wonder about just the single "Co" layout, but then Staedler units operate with a single "Bo" unit albeit that is located within the unit rather than drawing or pushing.
I sign 08s and 09s, although I've not been on one for quite a while, but I can say that they're more than a bit lively at their respective maximum speeds, especially if they've not had any works attention for some time. Having coupled wheels with outside rods makes them waddle from side to side a fair bit anyway, a hangover from steam days engineering this, confirmed when I had a cab ride in a GW Pannier Tank a few months ago!
It may be possible to gear them for higher speeds but the physical motion of the outside rods would cause serious vibrations at anything over their normal maximum. Since starting on the railway in 1982 I think I've been on something like 30 of them, and no two seem to be alike, of all the older diesel classes thay are by far the most characterful to actually work on.
Wouldn't mind one myself one day...
