• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Davros is Back !!! (Doctor Who)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Oswyntail

Established Member
Joined
23 May 2009
Messages
4,183
Location
Yorkshire
River Sodding Song

Again... WHY??? Please can we keep her dead and no longer in the show?
Perhaps we could have another spin-off, with her and Davros and all those other favourites no one wants ever to see again - then we could turn it off.<D
 

Butts

Veteran Member
Joined
16 Jan 2011
Messages
11,841
Location
Stirlingshire
River Sodding Song

Again... WHY??? Please can we keep her dead and no longer in the show?

If she looked like she did in the nineties playing "Moll Flanders" I don't think anyone would complain :lol:

Interestingly she was quoted as saying Dr Who should always be Male which I totally agree with :p
 

TheNewNo2

Member
Joined
31 Mar 2015
Messages
1,008
Location
Canary Wharf
I'm glad River's back - I thought the way she was handled with 11 was a bit tawdry. She states in Silence in the Library that she's seen many of the Doctor's faces, but then they seemed to try to wrap her up as just 11's girlfriend, and with their meetings going in reverse order.
 

gswindale

Member
Joined
1 Jun 2010
Messages
1,028
River Sodding Song

Again... WHY??? Please can we keep her dead and no longer in the show?
Timey-wimey!

How many times have the Daleks/Cybermen been supposedly wiped out and yet they keep coming back.

As long as her timeline makes sense; there is no reason why she shouldn't reappear until she physically ages to look much older than she did when she died in the library.

We know she's seen a number of his faces starting with 11 and ending with 10; so absolutely no reason why she shouldn't reappear?
 

miami

Established Member
Joined
3 Oct 2015
Messages
3,305
River Sodding Song

Again... WHY??? Please can we keep her dead and no longer in the show?

She's the only reason I'm watching it. Assuming Clara is really gone (which having finally killed her off - yeay - she's been back in 2 epsiodes, and is now immortal!) I'll give next season a go, but it really isn't a patch on the 9/10/11 era.
 

GatwickDepress

Established Member
Joined
14 Jan 2013
Messages
2,588
Location
Leeds
I haven't been watching the Peter Capaldi era too much. It's felt too much like fanfiction focusing around this special self-insert character. I've never really felt there's anything particularly memorable about many episodes either.
 

backontrack

Established Member
Joined
2 Feb 2014
Messages
6,399
Location
The UK
Bad news, Who fans.

Beeb said:
Actor Peter Capaldi is stepping down from the lead role in the BBC sci-fi series Doctor Who.
Capaldi shocked fans by making the announcement during a BBC Radio 2 show with presenter Jo Whiley.
He said he will leave Doctor Who at the end of the year. "I feel it’s time to move on," he said.
The 58-year-old Glasgow-born star became the 12th actor to play The Doctor in 2013.
While speaking about the forthcoming 10th series, he said it would be his last.
"I feel sad, I love Doctor Who, it is a fantastic programme to work on," he said. "I can't praise the people I work with more highly, but I have always been someone that did a lot of different things."
He said he was asked to stay on after his contract ran out, but he wanted to move on to other challenges.
The new series airs in spring and Capaldi said his final episode would be shown at Christmas.

In my humble opinion, one of the best Doctors yet.
 
Last edited:

DynamicSpirit

Established Member
Joined
12 Apr 2012
Messages
9,213
Location
SE London
Bad news, Who fans.

Kinda puts all the other so-called news about Trump and Brexit and Syria into perspective doesn't it :) I wonder if the Timelords cynically timed the announcement for exactly the week when we'd all be so distracted by Worldly trivia that we wouldn't notice this Universe-changing scandal.

In my humble opinion, one of the best Doctor yet.

Definitely a very talented actor.
 

backontrack

Established Member
Joined
2 Feb 2014
Messages
6,399
Location
The UK
Just re-watched a scene from Day of the Doctor and realised something:

There can't be any more Doctors after Capaldi.

Otherwise, they'd have been in this scene.

[YOUTUBE]0e71KWwE5Fk[/YOUTUBE]
 

trainmania100

Established Member
Joined
8 Nov 2015
Messages
3,039
Location
Newhaven
I believe Timelords can only regenerate 12 times so the next Doctor should be the last.
(Unless I misunderstood what was said in the deadly assasin and keeper of traken stating 12th regeneration is the end of the line)

Personally having enjoyed Doctor Who all of my life, I feel it is starting to lose its magic for me.
I was put off by matt smith but regained some interest with Peter Capaldi.
Personally I feel David Tennant was the best, followed by Tom Baker and Jon Pertwee.
As a matter of fact I watched the Impossible Planet last night...
There is so much action and so much going on in the 10th doctors episodes. My favourite episode is Blink
 
Last edited:

Greenback

Emeritus Moderator
Joined
9 Aug 2009
Messages
15,268
Location
Llanelli
I believe that the regenerations issue was dealt with in Matt Smith's final appearance, where The Doctor was granted another set of regenerations by the Time Lords.

I think some of the magic has definitely worn off in the last few seasons, though I don't think I has anything to do with Peter Capaldi.
 

ainsworth74

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Joined
16 Nov 2009
Messages
31,123
Location
Redcar
I think some of the magic has definitely worn off in the last few seasons, though I don't think I has anything to do with Peter Capaldi.

Agreed. I've really enjoyed Capaldi but I'm not sure he was given the greatest of material to work with.
 

Greenback

Emeritus Moderator
Joined
9 Aug 2009
Messages
15,268
Location
Llanelli
I certainly felt that in the first series he did the writers were writing for a sort of Matt Smith/David Tennant hybrid.
 

Yew

Established Member
Joined
12 Mar 2011
Messages
7,244
Location
UK
It's been a while since I've watched anything, but at the time I certainly thought that Moffat's scripts havent been up to 100% recently. and it felt like lots of rejected scripts for Smith were used for Capaldi, (more than usual) and he just hasn't settled into the role fully yet.
 

Greenback

Emeritus Moderator
Joined
9 Aug 2009
Messages
15,268
Location
Llanelli
I think Moffat's writing has gone a bit downhill. I haven't cared much for the most recent series of Sherlock either. Maybe he's just trying to do too much, and has lost some of he old spark?

It might be time for a change. A new Doctor, and a new creative force behind them.
 

Johnuk123

Established Member
Joined
19 Mar 2012
Messages
2,800
Blimey is Doctor Who still on the BBC ? thought it had been scrapped years ago.
 

Greenback

Emeritus Moderator
Joined
9 Aug 2009
Messages
15,268
Location
Llanelli
It was scrapped in 1989, but it came back in 2005. There was one Anglo American co production in between, in 1996, with Paul McGann.
 

backontrack

Established Member
Joined
2 Feb 2014
Messages
6,399
Location
The UK
I believe Timelords can only regenerate 12 times so the next Doctor should be the last.
(Unless I misunderstood what was said in the deadly assasin and keeper of traken stating 12th regeneration is the end of the line)

Aside from the fact that Matt Smith got a new set of regenerations and said during his "we're breaking some serious science here boys", there's also the fact that it was revealed in Day of the Doctor that Capaldi's the 13th Doctor anyway because the War Doctor has to be factored in.

For me, if Capaldi's not the last Doctor, then the showrunners have to explain why the 14th didn't appear in the above clip.

SPEAKING OF WHICH, coincidentally this is the 14th page of the thread. :D
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top