• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Cumbrian Coast Loco Hauled Stock

Status
Not open for further replies.

43094

Member
Joined
19 May 2010
Messages
1,009
37218 / 409 will work 1435 CAR - BIF then stable.

37423 is heading to Barrow (no rear loco) to work 1731 BIF - CAR.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
Joined
4 Feb 2010
Messages
24,469
How's that gonna work? Loco run-round at Barrow?
 

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
Joined
4 Feb 2010
Messages
24,469
Same questions though. Loco run-round at Carnforth?

I can't see a route with no reversal.
 

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
Joined
4 Feb 2010
Messages
24,469
Just gone past it at Kents Bank. Looks really odd without an engine at the back.
 

enrag2000

Member
Joined
16 Apr 2015
Messages
91
37606 failed this morning at Ulverston on 2C47 (10.04 Preston-Barrow).

Empty stock returned to Kingmoor via Carnforth and WCML with 37423 leading (double-headed from Carnforth).

2C47 14.37 Barrow-Carlisle again 153 vice 37s (supplemented by road coach from Millom).
 

sprinterguy

Veteran Member
Joined
4 Mar 2010
Messages
11,577
Location
Macclesfield
Dear oh dear. I hope things have settled down somewhat when I come to travel on these trains on Friday.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Just gone past it at Kents Bank. Looks really odd without an engine at the back.
For future reference, that's what a "proper train" should look like. :p
 

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
Joined
4 Feb 2010
Messages
24,469
Looks like everything's running smoothly so far today. :D

Was 606 put back on last night seeing that the rake ended back at Carlisle?
 

enrag2000

Member
Joined
16 Apr 2015
Messages
91
Dear oh dear. I hope things have settled down somewhat when I come to travel on these trains on Friday.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---

37423 took 2C42 back to Barrow solo last night. Don't know what it is working with today but doubt it is 37606 unless the load regulator fault has been properly repaired this time (failed with same fault on Monday).
 

158722

Member
Joined
8 Nov 2009
Messages
831
37423 took 2C42 back to Barrow solo last night. Don't know what it is working with today but doubt it is 37606 unless the load regulator fault has been properly repaired this time (failed with same fault on Monday).

37603 has been added to the set with 37423, starting with the 0842 ex-CAR.
 
Joined
2 Jan 2009
Messages
527
Are services running reasonably reliably? Going for a ride in these on Saturday is an option but a burst tractor stranding me somewhere coastal doesn't appeal as much....
 

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
Joined
4 Feb 2010
Messages
24,469
37603 has been added to the set with 37423, starting with the 0842 ex-CAR.

Excellent! Another chance to score a new 37 tomorrow assuming that it stays on. Fingers crossed. :D
 

BantamMenace

Member
Joined
2 Dec 2013
Messages
573
How big is the pool of 37s that they keep pulling these replacements from? I'm entirely unfamiliar with the DRS fleet and where they base their locomotives.
 

JonathanH

Veteran Member
Joined
29 May 2011
Messages
23,391
37603 has been added to the set with 37423, starting with the 0842 ex-CAR.

Presumably the /6 is on the south end if 37423 worked alone from Barrow this morning?

Given this should be the pair at Carlisle tonight and the need to have the /4 on the south end for the last train to Barrow tomorrow evening, I guess that a swap at Kingmoor tonight or between the sets at Barrow tomorrow morning is needed?
 

winefarm

Member
Joined
28 Nov 2013
Messages
32
The DBSO sign off (9707 not 9710 as i previously mentioned) to admit it to traffic is imminent, as is the arrival of 9705.

I've got a day off work on Monday for doing this, can anyone tell me what the chances of a the DBSOs being in place on Monday is? Is my hope of a 37 on each end next week still realistic?
 

JonathanH

Veteran Member
Joined
29 May 2011
Messages
23,391
How big is the pool of 37s that they keep pulling these replacements from? I'm entirely unfamiliar with the DRS fleet and where they base their locomotives.

There seems to be a very comprehensive list of workings for 37s at http://www.c37lg.co.uk/2015/1507work.aspx . From this, it should be apparent which DRS 37s are available and what else they get up to.

I think that the complete list of 37s used so far is:

37402, 37409, 37419, 37423
37218, 37603, 37605, 37606, 37609, 37611, 37688
 

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
Joined
4 Feb 2010
Messages
24,469
Interesting that I was just looking through the whole thread last night trying to work out how many 37s I missed. Your list tallies exactly with the one I have. :D

I'm going for them today (9th) again so if anyone has allox this morning, would appreciate it.
 

JonathanH

Veteran Member
Joined
29 May 2011
Messages
23,391
Interesting that I was just looking through the whole thread last night trying to work out how many 37s I missed. Your list tallies exactly with the one I have. :D

I'm going for them today (9th) again so if anyone has allox this morning, would appreciate it.

From what I have seen reported elsewhere 423 and 603 stayed on but changed ends at Carlisle last night (or the whole train was turned) and 218 and 409 are still working on the other duty.
 

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
Joined
4 Feb 2010
Messages
24,469
From what I have seen reported elsewhere 423 and 603 stayed on but changed ends at Carlisle last night (or the whole train was turned) and 218 and 409 are still working on the other duty.

Thanks. I got gen this morning and was very glad that it was turned. Otherwise I would struggle to get it today.

Back to Barrow to try for it on the 1437. :D
 

Newshy37

Member
Joined
3 Mar 2012
Messages
179
Hello, does anyone know which what is on the Lancaster turn this eve', kinda lost track. Is it 603 nth end, 423 sth end. Ta.
 

47802

Established Member
Joined
6 Mar 2010
Messages
3,454
I gather their were more cancellations yesterday due to a door issue.
 

47802

Established Member
Joined
6 Mar 2010
Messages
3,454
Can anyone expand on what these door issues actually are and whether they are the same recurring problem.

Well reading Wnxx would suggest door opening on the move, so presumably either the door wasn't shut in the first place or there are issue's with the CDL and the Standard lock?
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top