Thanks. I wasn't sure if it was that or to turn the set around given that it goes to Edinburgh and then reverses.It goes round the sub for route retention purposes.
Thanks. I wasn't sure if it was that or to turn the set around given that it goes to Edinburgh and then reverses.It goes round the sub for route retention purposes.
I don't think they care which way round the Voyagers are, though the HSTs normally have first class at the south end.Thanks. I wasn't sure if it was that or to turn the set around given that it goes to Edinburgh and then reverses.
They do indeed, can someone give Serco a kick and point out that the Sleeper breakfasts should really be to that sort of standard?
That looks like First Class, does anyone know what they are served on in Standard?
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
The sort of food and presentation appears to tally very much with DB getting involved and telling them to match the standard of the Bistrowagen!![]()
Thanks for the pictures Ash Bridge. I will definitely be looking to try this next time I have a suitable journey on XC.
Did you book the meal on line when you booked your ticket?A suitable journey to Newton Abbot last week resulted in consumption of a good quality meal - 2 well cooked pieces of tender belly pork and decent vegetables, although the latter possibly not to the taste of those who favour al dente style cooking.
I asked the attendant who delivered the meal what the take up had been like and he replied 'not bad'. He was not the chatty type so I did not delve further. I certainly hope the the take up is good enough to continue with this innovative service.
A suitable journey to Newton Abbot last week resulted in consumption of a good quality meal - 2 well cooked pieces of tender belly pork and decent vegetables, although the latter possibly not to the taste of those who favour al dente style cooking.
I asked the attendant who delivered the meal what the take up had been like and he replied 'not bad'. He was not the chatty type so I did not delve further. I certainly hope the the take up is good enough to continue with this innovative service.
Did you book the meal on line when you booked your ticket?
Like you I really hope it's a success for XC and they develop the service even further, btw, were you on a Voyager or a HST?
How did you book the meal then, may I ask -ring up perhaps?No. I booked my ticket on the TPE site.
.
How did you book the meal then, may I ask -ring up perhaps?
NEW! Bistro Area
With a great menu (pdf) to choose from, we are now offering customers the opportunity to enjoy a delicious range of hot meals in our Bistro Area on a select number of services operated by our High Speed Trains*. There is no need to pre-order your meal in advance if travelling on one of these services, simply take a seat within the standard class seating area of coach B and a member of our on-board catering team will be on hand to take your order and serve you at your seat.
*The Bistro Area is available Monday to Friday on the following services -
06:06 Edinburgh to Plymouth
15:25 Plymouth to Leeds
08:12 Birmingham New Street to Plymouth
12:25 Plymouth to Edinburgh
I see a further update on the Cross Country website:
http://www.crosscountrytrains.co.uk/on-board-with-crosscountry/food-drink
DB BistroCafe makes it to XC? Now, how's about some draught Bier in real glasses to go with it? Wow.
That's another positive development by XC, although if a Voyager has to sub for the HST for any reason I don't suppose they could still provide the service, also I don't suppose it will ever happen on Voyager dominated services to Manchester either sadly.
Looks like someone in the Publicity Department doesn't know their eggs from their beans to me.
Voyagers won't have a "Bistro Area" (Which should win the award for the least appropriate name of the year) due to lack of space, so there's no change to how the hot meals are served - ie standard class they're served in trays, First class they're served plated.
Basically it's a fancy way of saying if you're in Standard class on HSTs where these meals are served, you can have your meal on a plate instead of in a tray if you come and sit in coach B.

A bit strange that breakfast is not available before Birmingham on the 0600 from Leeds.
Could it be that XC's catering base is at New Street hence catering supplies not loaded until reaching there?
As far as I can tell it makes no mention of the method of food delivery. It seems to be basically that they will have enough stock on board that you can order whilst on the train rather than having to pre-book. I look forward to trying all this out at some point.![]()
I presume I'd have to sit in my allocated seat, which is fine. Would someone in the crew identify me just after leaving Tamworth and bring me a tray? Or Is there a "service" like on a low-cost plane where they'd come down with the trolley?
I enjoyed the breakfast in the Bistro area a couple of weeks ago.
I just got on in the small saloon next to the kitchen where the table was laid and informed the attendant.
Wasn't a huge portion but was handy before a meeting.
Not quite on a par with the InterCity Crosscountry Grill offering of days gone by then? But still a huge step in the right direction.
Especially when you could spark up a B&H after all that lovely grease![]()
Yeah I'm actually quite happy that's no longer the case![]()