• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

CrossCountry Delay Repay

Trainspotter37

New Member
Joined
2 Mar 2023
Messages
3
Location
Hereford
It's now been over five weeks (22nd of August 2026) since I claimed delay repay for a delay I experienced on an XC service. A few weeks after claiming (on the 1st of September), I received an email apologising for a delay in processing the claim. Is this a normal amount of time to wait and is there advice anyone has for next steps that could be taken?
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Belperpete

Established Member
Joined
17 Aug 2018
Messages
3,676
It shouldn't take that long, but many TOCs do seem to have a considerable backlog at present. I have a couple of claims with various other TOCs submitted in early August still awaiting a decision.
 

ChrisC

Established Member
Joined
7 Oct 2018
Messages
2,267
Location
Nottinghamshire
It's now been over five weeks (22nd of August 2026) since I claimed delay repay for a delay I experienced on an XC service. A few weeks after claiming (on the 1st of September), I received an email apologising for a delay in processing the claim. Is this a normal amount of time to wait and is there advice anyone has for next steps that could be taken?
That‘s a long time. I submitted a claim to XC on 18th September and I received my payment within 2 weeks on 29th September.
 

Buzby

Established Member
Joined
14 Apr 2023
Messages
1,690
Location
Glasgow, Scotland
With ScotRail I had a fairy speedy decision and a promise I’d receive the refund in ‘14 working days’. This was in August and they’re now q month delinquent.
 

Haywain

Veteran Member
Joined
3 Feb 2013
Messages
24,809
Is this a normal amount of time to wait and is there advice anyone has for next steps that could be taken?
It's a long time and I would be chasing it up. A quick tweet on X about their failure will almost certainly prompt a response and resolution.
 

matt

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Joined
30 Jun 2005
Messages
8,871
Location
Rugby
My parents submitted a crosscountry delay repay claim last weekend and it has already been resolved so I'd be chasing it up.
 

Belperpete

Established Member
Joined
17 Aug 2018
Messages
3,676
Perhaps it is because it was a paper ticket rather than a digital ticket may mean it takes longer to review?
In my experience, claims that are based on simple A to B one train journey are usually fairly quickly resolved. It is those that involve connections, particularly with other TOCs, that can take some time. I suspect it is where the automatic system for some reason flags the claim up for manual consideration.

In my experience, paper ticket claims are dealt with as quickly or slowly as digital tickets. However, I suspect that if your paper ticket has been flagged up for manual review for some reason, that could be the reason.
 

Top