Hi all,
I recently registered a complaint with Greater Anglia as they have been frequently providing short-formed services over the past few months due to "more trains than usual needing repair". This has resulted in frequent over-crowding, often meaning that it has been a struggle to get on trains, particularly in the morning. When I have been able to get on to short-formed services they tend to be dangerously crowded. I heard back from GA today and they have offered me a one-off "goodwill" gesture of a £20 cheque to provide compensation.
Essentially, my question is, in the opinions of the fine folk of the Rail Forums, should I consider this sufficient and is there method for taking it further? My season ticket costs just over £3k for the year and this has been going on since January. I'm not usually one for making much of a fuss but the service has been so poor for so long and I'm fed up with it.
Thanks in advance.
I recently registered a complaint with Greater Anglia as they have been frequently providing short-formed services over the past few months due to "more trains than usual needing repair". This has resulted in frequent over-crowding, often meaning that it has been a struggle to get on trains, particularly in the morning. When I have been able to get on to short-formed services they tend to be dangerously crowded. I heard back from GA today and they have offered me a one-off "goodwill" gesture of a £20 cheque to provide compensation.
Essentially, my question is, in the opinions of the fine folk of the Rail Forums, should I consider this sufficient and is there method for taking it further? My season ticket costs just over £3k for the year and this has been going on since January. I'm not usually one for making much of a fuss but the service has been so poor for so long and I'm fed up with it.
Thanks in advance.