DelW
Established Member
- Joined
- 15 Jan 2015
- Messages
- 6,043
There's normally an exit near the entrance gates, quite separate from the checkouts area.How do you get out if you have not purchased anything?
There's normally an exit near the entrance gates, quite separate from the checkouts area.How do you get out if you have not purchased anything?
There's a "wrong way" gate near the entrance that lets you leave the retail floor without passing through the checkouts. Position will vary, but the best place to look is near the CCTV podium because it'll be sited to make observation and challenges easier for the security personnel.How do you get out if you have not purchased anything?

This kind of thing is trying to reassure the user that something is happening, much like 'progress bars' which generally bear little or no resemblance to actual progress. Unlike them, it attempts to humanise the software so that the user doesn't get annoyed with the wait.A feature of using Outlook for one's e-mail -- trivial I suppose, but which disproportionately annoys me. When following logging-on procedure: there appear on screen -- briefly but to me, highly irritatingly -- the words "Trying to sign you in..."; before there pops up the "sign in" device, with slot to enter one's account designation and begin signing-in. The "Trying to..." stunt, seems so utterly, fatuously unnecessary: you twits, I bloody well hope -- and take for granted -- that the intention is to try and sign me in: if not, something is very wrong somewhere. This has me at times, swearing to dispense with Outlook's services, and find another e-mail provider.
Same with washing machines. Says 10 minutes left on the screen. Still going after 15 minutes then plays a jaunty tune for 75 seconds to tell you it's finished.This kind of thing is trying to reassure the user that something is happening, much like 'progress bars' which generally bear little or no resemblance to actual progress. Unlike them, it attempts to humanise the software so that the user doesn't get annoyed with the wait.
In this vein, it's similar to buses which display 'I'm out of service' on their destination board. Which also ought to be banned. Buses don't have sentience or personhood, and therefore 'Out of service' is entirely adequate.
But this user gets very definitely annoyed with Outlook's utterly pointless nonsense, occupying the extremely short wait !This kind of thing is trying to reassure the user that something is happening, much like 'progress bars' which generally bear little or no resemblance to actual progress. Unlike them, it attempts to humanise the software so that the user doesn't get annoyed with the wait.
What annoys us, or doesn't; often seems to have little rhyme or reason. I find that I'm perfectly OK with "I'm out of service" on buses -- even with "Sorry, I'm out of service" -- I feel it to be rather sweet. For sure, this stuff isn't about being consistent...In this vein, it's similar to buses which display 'I'm out of service' on their destination board. Which also ought to be banned. Buses don't have sentience or personhood, and therefore 'Out of service' is entirely adequate.
Yeah, I think I should have used the word ticket originally. It's Ironic for me to forget that word when writing my original post on a site dedicated to discussing railwaysI thought the reason they introduced the little paper chits (not really receipts as they don't confirm payment) was so the different drinks could be priced differently? Previously all smalls and all larges were priced the same so all they needed to do was look what size cup you had.
How do they know if you had syrup etc on those ones?
Aren't these illegal anyway?Textured numberplates - although they are useful for spotting a bad driver!
it appears to be unclear! They certainly should beAren't these illegal anyway?
And hotel showers should be standardised.When staying at a hotel or B&B you spend half of your stay sussing out the buttons on the television remote.
Why can’t they be standardised?![]()
Even worse showers without any grab rails so the floor becomes like an ice rink after a shower, like the showers at Paddington Station.And hotel showers should be standardised.
Hundreds of gallons of water wasted before you get the right temperature.
Our neutered fostered German Shepherd loves natural Greek yoghurt but he's also taken to humping my knees whenever I put shoes on.Humans can be described as ‘sexy’, not a bloody pot of yoghurt.
Each to his own.People who call inanimate objects ‘sexy’
For example I’ve heard adverts where a car is described as ‘sexy’. No it isn’t, it’s a lump of metal, plastic & rubber.
Suffolk man had sex with 450 tractors
A Suffolk man with a bizarre sexual attraction to tractors has been banned from the countryside and forced to sign the sex offenders register.
20 or so years ago, I read about a fellow who was caught in Glasgow with "part of him" stuck inside a bicycle's down-bar (where saddle would be fitted onto).Each to his own.
Sounds like one for the "....and in other news " thread!Each to his own.
![]()
Suffolk man had sex with 450 tractors
A Suffolk man with a bizarre sexual attraction to tractors has been banned from the countryside and forced to sign the sex-offenders' register.www.suffolkgazette.com
After counselling, he became an ex-tractor fan.Each to his own.
![]()
Suffolk man had sex with 450 tractors
A Suffolk man with a bizarre sexual attraction to tractors has been banned from the countryside and forced to sign the sex-offenders' register.www.suffolkgazette.com

At least he could have cycled into the A&E department20 or so years ago, I read about a fellow who was caught in Glasgow with "part of him" stuck inside a bicycle's down-bar (where saddle would be fitted onto).
Cool!After counselling, he became an ex-tractor fan.
I'll fetch my coat...![]()
I'd keep them but in addition ensure signs which specifically state 'merge in turn' (ideally the type with a diagrammatic representation) are part of the standard signage for all such lane closures, some have them but the majority don't.I would ban signs showing what lane is closed approaching a merge in turn at roadworks. Just sighs saying how far you are from a merge in turn.
If you make everyone figure it out when they get there, people might merge in turn better, the traffic should flow better and the self appointed lane police would stop their nonsense.
Brilliant! Take a bow.After counselling, he became an ex-tractor fan.
I'll fetch my coat...![]()
I'd have a stinger at the 200 yards merging marker. That will catch all the self entitled drivers who race to the lane cones and then barge their way into the adjacent, open, lane.I'd keep them but in addition ensure signs which specifically state 'merge in turn' (ideally the type with a diagrammatic representation) are part of the standard signage for all such lane closures, some have them but the majority don't.
That's not entitled that's literally following the highway code, in congestion all the space should be used.I'd have a stinger at the 200 yards merging marker. That will catch all the self entitled drivers who race to the lane cones and then barge their way into the adjacent, open, lane.
Rule 134
You should follow the signs and road markings and get into the lane as directed. In congested road conditions do not change lanes unnecessarily. Merging in turn is recommended but only if safe and appropriate when vehicles are travelling at a very low speed, e.g. when approaching road works or a road traffic incident. It is not recommended at high speed.
Except they do the last 200 yards at 50-60mph, whilst the open lanes are at a jogging pace...That's not entitled that's literally following the highway code, in congestion all the space should be used.
God they're awful now. Be careful, take breaks etc but please still gamble with us oh and you can do it any time, any place on your mobile devices. Personally, I hate the whole filthy exploitative gambling industry with a burning passion so I'd close it all down entirely.Gambling adverts.