Drogba11CFC
Member
- Joined
- 15 Sep 2009
- Messages
- 941
"This machine charges X amount for cash withdrawals."
Excuse you?
Excuse you?
I detest those, I refuse to use them on principle."This machine charges X amount for cash withdrawals."
Excuse you?
Bit of a tangent here -- my whimsy tends towards affecting childish misinterpretations. I thus like "fancying" that "Free cash withdrawals" means that by some miracle, the machine gives money away to you, without any diminishing of that which you have saved up. Like kids' imagining that a pub styling itself as a "free house": dispenses beer to its customers, without requiring money from them for it..."This machine charges X amount for cash withdrawals."
Excuse you?
Absolutely right!Fireworks…..
Nothing against them per se, but I only think fireworks should be allowed at licensed displays. Should not be available to buy in shops.
As a child, I genuinely thought a non-tied pub marked Free House, was a building going gratis to anyone enquiring.

After suffering three consecutive nights, when explosions of a very loud sound were often heard, what is the need for the multi-decibel emissions and has any government in power ever set a decibal limit of fireworks that are used at family establishments. With the wars in Ukraine and in the Middle East, do people in Britain need to feel that they are under an artillery barrage.Fireworks…..
Nothing against them per se, but I only think fireworks should be allowed at licensed displays. Should not be available to buy in shops.
When did this event first occur in Britain and have there ever been Governmental attempts to totally ban it, noting how much damage has been caused over the years.Mischief Night for me, it was awful for anyone out on a bus after 6pm last night in Merseyside with buses being bricked, it was that bad all the West Derby Road routes (12, 13, 15, 18) got suspended for the rest of last night from 9pm last night, might be suspended again tonight as further antisocial behaviour is expected.
The increased TV licence fee revenue needed something to get squandered onThe BBC sending every man/woman and his/her dog over the Atlantic to cover the US Election.
Switched on TV this morning and two of the BBC Breakfast presenters are over there.
Why…..?
I’m sure what they do could be done from a UK studio.
At least 234 years ago with first written reference in 1790 with some theorising it goes back to Roman times.When did this event [Mischief Night] first occur in Britain and have there ever been Governmental attempts to totally ban it, noting how much damage has been caused over the years.
The BBC sending every man/woman and his/her dog over the Atlantic to cover the US Election.
Switched on TV this morning and two of the BBC Breakfast presenters are over there.
Why…..?
I’m sure what they do could be done from a UK studio.
Today's minor irritation; jury duty. Something I've always wanted to experience and this week I thought I'd finally get my chance.
After clearing my plans in order to attend I get to the court along with all the other jurors only to be told the defendant pleaded guilty at the last minute. As that counts as duty done it also means I'm now exempt from more jury duty for the next five years.
Is that correct? When I did my jury duty many years ago I was on three trails. One never materialised as the accused pleaded guilty prior to trial but I got to go on others*Today's minor irritation; jury duty. Something I've always wanted to experience and this week I thought I'd finally get my chance.
After clearing my plans in order to attend I get to the court along with all the other jurors only to be told the defendant pleaded guilty at the last minute. As that counts as duty done it also means I'm now exempt from more jury duty for the next five years.
Is that correct? When I did my jury duty many years ago I was on three trails. One never materialised as the accused pleaded guilty prior to trial but I got to go on others*
* GBH and a theft of a kettle from Woolworths.
Well it isn't just November, one of the poorest months for sunshine, - its also 2024, where the increase in surface temperature of the seas are creating more and more moisture in the sky (i.e. clouds) which then cloaks the lowering of land surface temperatures and resulting in dank weather for much of the time. We will have to get used to this in the future. At least is isn't like Spain is suffering this year.Well in his dull sunless weather this has cheered me up no end
From he BBC:
‘Dreary weather in the UK blamed on anticyclonic gloom’
My go-to weather app is showing no appreciable sunshine for the foreseeable future. Think I’ll have to look for a different app.
![]()
What is anticyclonic gloom and why is it making the UK weather so dull?
Elizabeth Rizzini and Darren Bett look at why our weather is so gloomy at the moment and ponder when things might change.www.bbc.co.uk
That is true. Maybe dull isn’t so bad..…At least is isn't like Spain is suffering this year.

Flatulance would be worse without the pressurisation.Flatulence in a pressurised aircraft cabin. "Onion-y ones" in particular.
Well - I haven't banned them. My wife has banned me.![]()
My wife begs to differFlatulance would be worse without the pressurisation.
Fully agree!People commenting on music videos on YouTube
"Hey, who is still listening in 2024?"
Arrgh, it irritates me! If you have nothing meaningful to say, don't comment!
People commenting on music videos on YouTube
"Hey, who is still listening in 2024?"
Arrgh, it irritates me! If you have nothing meaningful to say, don't comment!