People who push in front of you in a queue saying, “I won’t be long, I’ve only got a couple of items and I’m in a hurry,“ even though you only have one or two items and they haven’t asked if you are in a hurry. If you indicate that you still want to go first they call you inconsiderate and start arguing: when you have to abandon your purchases they say, “If you hadn’t argued I’d have been finished long ago.” As far as I am concerned, if I am in the queue my gambit of, “I was here first and my bus goes in a couple of minutes”, trumps your, “My dog doesn’t like being left,” “I promised my mate I‘d meet him in the pub by now,” or “I left the engine running.”
And of course if you let them through they will want on top of the one or two purchases some cigarettes, but as they haven’t got the make they want there is a long inquisition as to what types they have, cashing in a scratch card and then a lengthy period of thinking while they decide which one to buy now, and then they decide to buy a lottery ticket. After that they search around for their loyalty card and finally pay, which involves trying four cards until they find the one that still has some credit on it.