...a bit like the can of worms that the mention of toast has opened tonight, then...?![]()
I've never tried those on toast
...a bit like the can of worms that the mention of toast has opened tonight, then...?![]()
Mmmm....fabulous with Porcini mushrooms!I also bought fresh tagliatelle, different pasta for different situations.
I'll just point you to the YouTube channel of Atomic Shrimp, and his series "Weird Stuff in a Can".You know you can get tinned haggis .......
I don't eat it with toast though - only tinned plum tomatoes.![]()
Yes dude but there is a line you knowAs for my proposed outlawing of toast (aka mouth torture) I'll just reiterate the "light-hearted" bit of this thread.![]()
One of my favourite youtubers! His scam-baiting stuff is really goodI'll just point you to the YouTube channel of Atomic Shrimp, and his series "Weird Stuff in a Can".
What about the dunking of toast in tea? My wife does this (even when she has marmalade on the toast). I think it should be banned.I'll just point you to the YouTube channel of Atomic Shrimp, and his series "Weird Stuff in a Can".
As for my proposed outlawing of toast (aka mouth torture) I'll just reiterate the "light-hearted" bit of this thread.
Crumpets are safe, as is the dunking of biscuits in your tea... if it was up to me, the latter would be compulsory!
A friend (some friend) brought me a can of tinned haggis back from Scotland last year as I'd said I liked haggis.You know you can get tinned haggis .......
It should lead to being on trial in the Hague. Dunking biscuits is bad enough!What about the dunking of toast in tea? My wife does this (even when she has marmalade on the toast). I think it should be banned.
The most ludicrous thing is that such a sign is irrelevant to the following driver and unlikely to make any difference to their driving, other than a pathetic distraction.People who put puke worthy signs in their car back window. We saw one yesterday “Mummy and daddy’s little princess on board”. Really!!
The most ludicrous thing is that such a sign is irrelevant to the following driver and unlikely to make any difference to their driving, other than a pathetic distraction.
They might even get the adult from whose loins the child's seed was created, tapping on the window because they were too close to their offspring's 'safe zone'.And if the following driver is close enough to read it, they are probably too close.
Yes dude but there is a line you know
A chap I often sit with in the pub dunks crisps in his beer….
Tesco Easy Cook obviously isn't normal riceIt only takes about 10-15 minutes to cook normal rice anyway.
I've been known to dunk a Snickers or Double Decker into my tea.Oh indeed, I think it's fair to say it was crossed given a number of us responded!
How about dunking chocolate bars in tea/coffee? I don't do it often, but occasionally it's a slightly odd treat. Especially if it's quite a solid piece of chocolate!
I've been known to dunk Bourbon biscuits in tomato ketchup, invariably when there is a church dinner and I am trying to grab food and talk to someone at the same time.I've been known to dunk a Snickers or Double Decker into my tea.
These days it's even annoying in a text message. Back in the day when texts cost 10p and going one character over meant an extra 10p charge, such short-hand did make a bit of sense if you were a student on a budget. Nowadays most phone plans have effectively unlimited texts, so there's no need to shorten things.I get annoyed at forum posts that read like a text message or twitter feed with the word u instead of you and unnecessary emojis, doesn't really apply here but it's prevalent on other places I visit.
These days it's even annoying in a text message. Back in the day when texts cost 10p and going one character over meant an extra 10p charge, such short-hand did make a bit of sense if you were a student on a budget. Nowadays most phone plans have effectively unlimited texts, so there's no need to shorten things.
Related to this, businesses that use "text-speak" in their names, or have pointless double letters or a Z in place of an S can get in the sea.