I'd ban the long-ingrained-into-society notion that if someone walls into a pub and they are asked if they would like something to drink that the implication is that they are being offered alcohol.
I'm basing this on the current Heineken adverts, which keep coming up on YouTube lately. The response from the bloke in one of the ads is 'no thanks I'm driving'. Rightly so in turning down alcohol, but why is it if someone says they want a drink/something to drink or similar wording that the implication is that they are referring to alcohol?
I'd continue my thoughts on pubs and alcohol in general, but I have bigger things to complain about and demand an outright ban of immediately:
Polystyrene cups. Honestly, in this day and age when the world is rightly expecting cups they can recycle, and that we all do our bits to make things better, a polystyrene cup is outrageous. That is exactly what my tea was served in today at the station cafe in Cwmbran! On a related note, and I will go into fuller detail in the trip report which is due tomorrow:
The absolute fool running it deserved banning for multiple reasons, but another reason I'd ban him from serving anyone anywhere permanently is his frying non-meat and meat products in the same fryer and the same oil. Seriously. It is nearly 2022, the world is supposedly (and rightly so) to be improving itself, and I cannot state clearly enough how disgraced I am with most of modern society, in an age where places serving food really should be catering for many differing tastes and dietary requirements, no fryer in any catering outlet should be cooking meat/dairy products with the same oil and in the same appliance as non-meat/dairy products.
There are, like I say, more reasons why this man is a disgrace to the rest of men everywhere, but I've ranted enough about him. The trip report will finish that lot off nicely
More stuff to ban immediately, and again I'm talking about society. Specifically, people who spit on the ground around them. Seriously, what is going on with that? I was doing some strength exercises the other day and looked out the window to see a less than pleasant (insert your own choice of word if you desire) "man" ride past and spit on the pavement/wall. Either swallow it like civilised people do or be prepared to have karma catch up with you...
I also had a couple of less than nice people do the same when I was out cycling the other day. Honestly, I cannot see the need for it! I'm sure I generate more saliva than needed, as I'm sure most of us do, but I swallow mine. Why these "people" (again insert term of choice here) think they should get away with such a rancid act I don't know.
I did have one more item for the list, but I've honestly got so caught up in the above that I can't immediately recall it. If it's not obvious, I really don't understand people sometimes and I can't wait for karma to catch up with them!