• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Closed Stations Journey quiz

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Calthrop

Established Member
Joined
6 Dec 2015
Messages
3,689
Note: with reference to Moreton in Marsh first station. I think this must be a reference to the terminus of the Stratford and Moreton Tramway, which I believe was on a spur. There is rather a nice picture of the buildings here:

https://www.warwickshirerailways.com/gwr/gwrmm978.htm

I will do a bit of old OS map digging tomorrow!

Thanks for this. Sorry to keep on about Dewick; but he is one of my chief sources, for better or for worse. He does try, albeit inconsistently, to feature "most of all that there ever was" -- he shows the Stratford & Moreton Tramway in its entirety, right up to its Stratford station: presumably his "Moreton 1st station" is, as above; in my haste yesterday, I failed to mentally join the dots.

Next on current journey: Arthog
 

Top