• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Closed Stations Journey quiz

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

DerekC

Established Member
Joined
26 Oct 2015
Messages
2,445
Location
Hampshire (nearly a Hog)
I am going to stick my neck out here and post:

Leeds Wellington Street

as the point to reverse. It could be argued that this has been subsumed into the current Leeds station, but in fact it was just to the north and also a terminus, so I think it's worth a punt!
 

Xenophon PCDGS

Veteran Member
Joined
17 Apr 2011
Messages
35,491
Location
A typical commuter-belt part of north-west England
INFORMATION

Copley Hill is shown as a passenger station on a very old Railway Clearing House diagram of the central Leeds area dated 1913 that was part of a collection of Yorkshire area Railway Clearing House diagrams that I purchased early in the 1970's period at a rail auction and is kept in my railway archives.

Many years ago, I discussed the matter of Copley Hill with the editorial staff of Wikipedia as they had produced a line template of the Leeds New Line and the icon they had shown was that for a passenger station, not a goods station.


Based upon the information above, noting the line we are now on, I still find that information to be correct.
 
Last edited:

Top