• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Closed Stations Journey quiz

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Ash Bridge

Established Member
Joined
17 Mar 2014
Messages
4,226
Location
Stockport
My thinking was a reversal at Alrewas as I couldn't see a south facing chord off the WCML, of course I may well have got this wrong.
 

Xenophon PCDGS

Veteran Member
Joined
17 Apr 2011
Messages
35,485
Location
A typical commuter-belt part of north-west England
We have only just returned home and I would like to add that Bridgeford came before Great Bridgeford.

Once we passed the open stations of Stafford and then of Penkridge, there were still no less than seven closed stations of the Grand Junction Railway until we reached the open station of Walsall, where we then could meet the South Staffordshire line where the first closed station would be that of Wednesbury Town (1850-1964).

Those seven closed stations after Penkridge on the Grand Junction Railway are:-
Gailey
Four Ashes
Bushbury
Wednesfield Heath
Portobello
Willenhall Bilston Street
Pleck

However, as you have found a different route to the one I envisaged, I will not post again until our differing routes converge
 

Top