• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Closed Stations Journey quiz

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

DerekC

Established Member
Joined
26 Oct 2015
Messages
2,443
Location
Hampshire (nearly a Hog)
I believe Copley is the missing station, as we were reversing at Sowerby Bridge to gain the line to Halifax. (The original terminus at Halifax Shaw Syke was on a spur off the line when it was extended to Bradford and so wouldn't count for our purposes.)


OK - I guess I hadn't read the preamble carefully enough. I assumed we would take the chord from Greetland.
 

Xenophon PCDGS

Veteran Member
Joined
17 Apr 2011
Messages
35,475
Location
A typical commuter-belt part of north-west England
I am calling a HALT to proceedings.

The preamble stated that the Blackburn and Preston Railway was a link line only, with no closed stations and the next leg was that of the Lancashire Union Railway.

That means the open stations on the Blackburn and Preston Railway were those of Blackburn, Mill Hill and Cherry Tree then we took the chord that leads to the Lancashire Union Railway.
 

DerekC

Established Member
Joined
26 Oct 2015
Messages
2,443
Location
Hampshire (nearly a Hog)
I am calling a HALT to proceedings.

The preamble stated that the Blackburn and Preston Railway was a link line only, with no closed stations and the next leg was that of the Lancashire Union Railway.

That means the open stations on the Blackburn and Preston Railway were those of Blackburn, Mill Hill and Cherry Tree then we took the chord that leads to the Lancashire Union Railway.

Oh dear - sorry about that! It all comes of not reading the preamble carefully enough.

Withnell
 

Top