• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Closed Stations Journey quiz

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

DerekC

Established Member
Joined
26 Oct 2015
Messages
2,443
Location
Hampshire (nearly a Hog)
Bargoed Colliery Halt

Note: I have left out the station of Aberbargoed, shown on the Wikipedia B&M entry, because I think it is misplaced. Based on maps and timetables I can find, this station was on the line to New Tredegar so we would not pass through it.
 

Xenophon PCDGS

Veteran Member
Joined
17 Apr 2011
Messages
35,473
Location
A typical commuter-belt part of north-west England
Note: I have left out the station of Aberbargoed, shown on the Wikipedia B&M entry, because I think it is misplaced. Based on maps and timetables I can find, this station was on the line to New Tredegar so we would not pass through it.

I think that you may be confusing matters with Cwm Syfiog Colliery Halt, which was in the situation you describe above, north of Bargoed station.

Aber Bargoed, to the south of Bargoed, was originally opened on 16th April 1866.
It was renamed Aber Bargoed & Bargoed on 1st September 1905
It was again renamed Aber Bargoed on 30th September 1935
It was closed on 31st December 1962.
 

Top