• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Class 810 for East Midlands Railway Construction/Introduction Updates

Aspen90

Member
Joined
12 Sep 2018
Messages
263
Location
Leicester
R
If it’s like all over 8Xx they will have one engine not working within weeks or interdiction.

Several of Avanti 805s are already running with one engine not working.
Really?! What worries me is they’re not even out yet and there’s been two engine swaps due to various failures or issues. Then with these ones being updated I can see more problems than normal. I hope I’m wrong but we will see I suppose.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

800001

Established Member
Joined
24 Oct 2015
Messages
7,385
R

Really?! What worries me is they’re not even out yet and there’s been two engine swaps due to various failures or issues. Then with these ones being updated I can see more problems than normal. I hope I’m wrong but we will see I suppose.
Not failures, the engines replaced are on test trains, they discovered ever so slight minor issue, and are rectifying before entry to service
 

GoneSouth

Established Member
Joined
17 Dec 2018
Messages
1,492
Not failures, the engines replaced are on test trains, they discovered ever so slight minor issue, and are rectifying before entry to service
Any ever so slight cracks yet to bring the whole fleet down?
 

GoneSouth

Established Member
Joined
17 Dec 2018
Messages
1,492
What cracks? These don’t suffer the problem that the other fleets have, as they a built differently.
Ah ok, that’s what I was asking, any cracks like the other fleets, glad to hear they’ve rectified the problem in new builds
 

Supercoss

Member
Joined
5 Jun 2016
Messages
469
Subject to on the day issues, first class 810 in electric mode scheduled to test run into St Pancras tomorrow afternoon 5Q43 in at 14:45 5Q44 out 15:15 plat 3 , runs rest of week (100 mph max south of Bedford / EMU timing)
 

Edvid

Established Member
Joined
7 Feb 2008
Messages
2,544
Four paths today; if RTT is correct then today's 810 switched to AC at Corby between 1045 & 1050.

5Q41 - 0948 Old Dalby to Bedford (diesel mode until Corby)
5Q42 - 1202 Bedford to Corby
5Q43 - 1319 Corby to St Pancras
5Q44 - 1518 St Pancras to Old Dalby (diesel mode from Corby)
 

westcoaster

Established Member
Joined
4 Dec 2006
Messages
4,513
Location
DTOS A or B

Attachments

  • IMG20241008124719.jpg
    IMG20241008124719.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 356
  • IMG20241008124635.jpg
    IMG20241008124635.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 352
  • IMG20241008124710.jpg
    IMG20241008124710.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 324
  • IMG20241008124516.jpg
    IMG20241008124516.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 335

XCTurbostar

Established Member
Joined
13 Sep 2014
Messages
2,581
Looks like there are some paths from Old Dalby to Old Dalby via Sheffield and St Pancras this week although todays has been cancelled. I assume these are 810 test runs?
 

Discuss223

Member
Joined
30 Oct 2024
Messages
375
Location
Rowsley
A couple of questions, please and thank you to all of those who answer.

1. Are all of the units completed and with the interior (seating etc) fitted?
2. When will platform staff begin training?
 

800001

Established Member
Joined
24 Oct 2015
Messages
7,385
A couple of questions, please and thank you to all of those who answer.

1. Are all of the units completed and with the interior (seating etc) fitted?
2. When will platform staff begin training?
1) No. Highest unit seen outside at Hitachi’s factory is 810009, however 002 is in Italy and 006 has not yet been seen, with exception of 001 they have interior (unsure about 002).

2) I have. I idea.
 

bunnahabhain

Established Member
Joined
8 Jun 2005
Messages
2,277
1) No. Highest unit seen outside at Hitachi’s factory is 810009, however 002 is in Italy and 006 has not yet been seen, with exception of 001 they have interior (unsure about 002).

2) I have. I idea.
002 shouldn't have an interior, but plans have changed and I can't remember if it does or doesn't.
 

Trainbike46

Established Member
Joined
18 Sep 2021
Messages
4,377
Location
belfast
Thank you! I didn't realise they had a climate testing facility at Pistoia, I thought trains usually went to Vienna for that
 
Last edited:
Joined
20 Apr 2009
Messages
45
Is it known if an issue has developed with the 810s as there doesn't seem to have been any network/main line test workings from Old Dalby for over a month now?
 

800001

Established Member
Joined
24 Oct 2015
Messages
7,385

Top