67's are no good for freight, I would imagine it is for passenger use, as for mk3's not being able to run at 125, all the HST's have Mk3's and the HST's will be taken out in the distant future freeing up hell of a lot 125 rated coaches, however, if this is the case either the DVT's need to be modified, there is top and tail or a run round it is never going to happen, a 67 will struggle to reaqch 125 on any up gradient even slight so I cannot see why DB shenker are even suggeting it. Tests have been carried out recently using 67010 that is now back at bescot.
I think you're making a sweeping generalisation in your post. Although the 67 is less suited to heavy freight than other dedicated freight type 5s, they do seem to cope admirably on car trains, ferry wagons and bin liner trains. They are far superior to the old type 3 and 4 BR designs they've replaced.
I've also been on numerous 67 hauled charters and an Intercity 225 (East Coast MKIV set + class 91) dragged away from the wires behind a 67, and despite the long trains, acceleration was impressive.
As for their 125 MPH capability, I believe that one 67 exceeded 140 MPH when on test in Spain, and during testing in 2001, 125 MPH was reached on a test run (while hauling a rake of MKIII HST trailers).
As for using ex HSTI MKII rakes hauled by 67s after HSTs have been withdrawn, there would need to be electrical work carried out on the coaches due to the fact they are configured to work with the non-standard ETS provided by the class 43 power cars.