The_Train
Established Member
- Joined
- 2 Jun 2018
- Messages
- 5,247
Did the unit destined for Polmadie ever move in the end?
I don’t think so, and while having a look for a move to Polmadie I ended up finding this:Did the unit destined for Polmadie ever move in the end?
Could you show me someone who has said that exact phrase, or otherwise retract this strawman argument.Unfortunately, some people will always hold onto the notion that a nationalised railway is better than privatisation in every single way and can do absolutely no wrong.
The economic prosperity of a region is clearly more important.They believe that the DfT should automatically have precedence over OA operators
I think that's one of the paths used for 170s going to and from Barton for exam work, though I could be wrong.I don’t think so, and while having a look for a move to Polmadie I ended up finding this:
Link to 5R57 Barton Under Needwood to Derby Etches Park
Is it going back to Derby and, if so, why?
222005 never made it to Polmadie the move was cancelled.Apparently no space at Polmadie.I don’t think so, and while having a look for a move to Polmadie I ended up finding this:
Link to 5R57 Barton Under Needwood to Derby Etches Park
Is it going back to Derby and, if so, why?
Explain "privileged subsidy" please.I'm pretty sure the units would be available to EMR indefinitely (and probably at no charge) if the DFT could convince the Treasury to threaten to remove Scotland's (unaffordable) privileged subsidy from the rest of the UK if they would not give them up.
If privitisation wasnt responsible why are there no special trains anymore? Why are services full and standing with no spare coaches? What happened to all the football specials and additional relief trains? Why does everyone order mini 5 coach trains that cannot cope with the crowds? If privitisation is the utopia that you think it is why is the railway such a shambles thesedays? Trackwork full of weeds and indeed young saplings at most stations as if nobody cares anymore.Fares 5 times what they were in BR days even counting for inflation? Cancellations rife and nobody cares.Even the last train of the day is not safe thesedays.I haven’t, nor the Mk 2D-F fleet - I was specifically mentioning the stock that was used on dated and extra trains in the period you were referring to.
It was done to prove to you (& others) that privatisation wasn’t responsible for the decline in that type of working with that type of stock. It had been happening for years.
Could do worse with First Group ,look at the shambles that is Avanti,with LNWR not much better. We at Stoke have to suffer four crap operators Avanti,Cross Country,LNWR and not to forget EMR.Arriva running EMR is a concerning thought, the residents of Derby, Nottingham and Leicester really would have drawn the short straw having both main TOCs under Arriva!
If privitisation wasnt responsible why are there no special trains anymore? Why are services full and standing with no spare coaches? What happened to all the football specials and additional relief trains?
In 1984 you could buy a London Saver for £12.50 turn up and buy on the day out from Stoke Mon-Fri 01.23,07.02,09.55,12.37,14.57,16.17,17.55 and 19.58 Sat & Sun any Train!In many cases it’s because these relief trains now run every day - previously there used to be 1tph Manchester to London (it wasn’t even hourly at Stoke to London as some ran via Wilmslow), now it’s 3tph Manchester to London with 2tph at Stoke. All these run with your favoured buffet cars too and all full length trains.
With a 300% uplift in timetables service the capacity largely isn’t there on the network to run Manchester to London football specials.
In 1984 you could buy a London Saver for £12.50 turn up and buy on the day out from Stoke Mon-Fri 01.23,07.02,09.55,12.37,14.57,16.17,17.55 and 19.58 Sat & Sun any Train!
Return Mon-Fri any train at Euston before 14.30 and after 19.00 ,Sat & Sun Any Train.
Beat that today even with two trains an hour at Stoke (Assuming they can be bothered to run them) and assuming you have £300 spare!
I'm wondering the same.Explain "privileged subsidy" please.
Leaving aside silly comments about privileged subsidy, I don’t think the funding arrangements between the nations of the UK are going to be renegotiated over a fleet of trains.I'm pretty sure the units would be available to EMR indefinitely (and probably at no charge) if the DFT could convince the Treasury to threaten to remove Scotland's (unaffordable) privileged subsidy from the rest of the UK if they would not give them up.
I'm wondering the same.
Considering that every asset Scotland has had, England has sold off, with little to no benefit staying in Scotland.
Thatcher crippled our steel industry in the 80s/90s... although we're not alone in that. Etc etc