Lukespenceruk1
Member
- Joined
- 4 May 2009
- Messages
- 275
With 159's Joining this route in May and the slammers being retired. Will SWT Keep Traction Current on the 3rd Rail On or with these operating keep it off.
Why do we need a new thread? And its 158s taking over

With 159's Joining this route in May and the slammers being retired. Will SWT Keep Traction Current on the 3rd Rail On or with these operating keep it off.
Whats wrong with the thread? If you didn't like it why comment?
As for the original post I dont personally think the 3rd rail will be going, after a while they might just get any spare stock to operate the line.![]()
I meant whats wrong with the other thread on the same thing?
If you didn't like my post, why reply/comment?![]()
Well 450's will be operating the route on weekends so the 3rd rail will need to stay.
I believe it will now be 158s all week, but your point still stands.
But it makes life harder for SWT, because they already have 158s, so 313s will just be awkward
But SWT have spare 158s, so why take on extra units when they are not needed.
I'm sure their 455 are very similar to the 313's.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Oh yes, they would blend in with the other 455s based at Bournemouth. I doubt they are exactly the same
SWT were allocated 11 158s to run the Reading - Brighton, Totton - Romsey services and extend some WOE trains. Of course, the Reading - Brightons got axed, and only 3 are used for the now Salisbury - Romsey services.
No, they are needed down here for further strengthening of the West of England services to 10 coaches. There's nothing really stopping Northenr from using other stock if they need it. And they were the ones who signed a 0% growth (in terms of stock) franchise.
Besides, one is on hire to Northern at the moment, I believe they've called it "Bingo". :roll:
There's very little similarity between a 313 and a 455 - they're different families of train altogether.Look of course i knew that 455's are not based at Bournemouth but having a load of similar (NOTE I SAID SIMILAR NOT THE SAME AS) units within the company would make life easier I'm sure that spare parts could do something called traveling between Wimbledon and Bournemouth.
Northern are quite at liberty to do what their predessors did... run the dreaded LHCS. If they'd wanted stock they should've negotiated some from the DFT when signing the franchise, they probably couldn't as there isn't any available.
they probably couldn't as there isn't any available.
Quite !
