• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Chiltern Website Refund Form not Working

Status
Not open for further replies.

wench

Member
Joined
30 Jan 2025
Messages
6
Location
SE England
Hoping someone can help. I've had a really bad experience with them.

I was travelling into London from one of their outlaying stations in October last year. I asked for a single ticket from the sales booth; paid via card, and didn't really pay much attention to what I'd been given. (The station isn't my local one, so I didn't know what the "standard" rate for a single/return ticket would be.)

Got on the rail replacement bus, and saw I had been sold a return ticket. Rang up customer services a couple of days later, and they said fill in the online form. This was duly done, but no correspondence received back from Chiltern. I spoke to their customer services a week later; I was told nothing had been received, and to try again on the website. This was done, and still no email contact from them. I then emailed another address, asking for an update, to be told that they haven't received anything, so no refund.

I have since contacted the rail ombudsmen. Chiltern's reply is "you should have checked the ticket, and we got nothing from you from our website form". Still waiting further on this.

Is there any other means of getting my money back from the ticket? Bank chargeback?
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

30907

Veteran Member
Joined
30 Sep 2012
Messages
21,973
Location
Airedale
What was the difference in price between the single fare and the actual ticket you bought.
You can look on https://www.brfares.com/!home to get the information.

The reason I ask is that unless you travel in the morning peak, the difference will be relatively small.
 

WesternLancer

Veteran Member
Joined
12 Apr 2019
Messages
15,303
Hoping someone can help. I've had a really bad experience with them.

I was travelling into London from one of their outlaying stations in October last year. I asked for a single ticket from the sales booth; paid via card, and didn't really pay much attention to what I'd been given. (The station isn't my local one, so I didn't know what the "standard" rate for a single/return ticket would be.)

Got on the rail replacement bus, and saw I had been sold a return ticket. Rang up customer services a couple of days later, and they said fill in the online form. This was duly done, but no correspondence received back from Chiltern. I spoke to their customer services a week later; I was told nothing had been received, and to try again on the website. This was done, and still no email contact from them. I then emailed another address, asking for an update, to be told that they haven't received anything, so no refund.

I have since contacted the rail ombudsmen. Chiltern's reply is "you should have checked the ticket, and we got nothing from you from our website form". Still waiting further on this.

Is there any other means of getting my money back from the ticket? Bank chargeback?
Send ticket with covering letter in the post?
 

gray1404

Established Member
Joined
3 Mar 2014
Messages
7,646
Location
Merseyside
I agree that the difference could actually be very small indeed. But check.

If you have escalated this case to the Ombudsman already then best you wait to hear back from them.

If they require more information keep it clear and simple.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top