nicolapepe
Member
I was travelling from Bristol to Oxford and then from Oxford to princes risborough to visit my father. There were ticket inspectors at the gate at princes risborough and once I got off the train to exit I realised I did not have my ticket on me anymore, I only had my Bristol to Oxford ticket, and I had no data on my phone to
Show proof of purchase, once I told this to the ticket inspector he said I have two options, 1 to pay a penalty fare or 2 give him my details and wait to receive a letter and explain what happened and take it from there, I asked him which he recommends and he said the latter so I agreed. However, after reading lots of things this seems to be a bad choice as it seems they may prosecute me for this even though this is the first time anything like this has happened to me. Does anyone know what could possibly happen next?
Show proof of purchase, once I told this to the ticket inspector he said I have two options, 1 to pay a penalty fare or 2 give him my details and wait to receive a letter and explain what happened and take it from there, I asked him which he recommends and he said the latter so I agreed. However, after reading lots of things this seems to be a bad choice as it seems they may prosecute me for this even though this is the first time anything like this has happened to me. Does anyone know what could possibly happen next?