MichaelAMW
Member
- Joined
- 18 Jun 2010
- Messages
- 1,021
Hello All,
I hope to do the above journey shortly but the journey planners come up with very few options, just a couple involving a walk at New Mills or a train that calls at Hazel Grove and Chinley, and nothing much in the morning. Otherwise it's nothing found or the NRE 'two tickets required.'
Most of the time the only way to do it is take a Manchester train to Stockport then a TPE or EMT from Stockport to Sheffield. The problem, I suspect, is the doubling back between Hazel Grove and Stockport. Do you think this is in fact a permitted route, being the shortest route with a regular service?
I hope to do the above journey shortly but the journey planners come up with very few options, just a couple involving a walk at New Mills or a train that calls at Hazel Grove and Chinley, and nothing much in the morning. Otherwise it's nothing found or the NRE 'two tickets required.'
Most of the time the only way to do it is take a Manchester train to Stockport then a TPE or EMT from Stockport to Sheffield. The problem, I suspect, is the doubling back between Hazel Grove and Stockport. Do you think this is in fact a permitted route, being the shortest route with a regular service?