Hi, Firstly bit of background,
i have travelled into Liverpool Street from Bishops stortford for over 10 years mainly using Annual season tickets and more recently monthly and daily due to more working from home time. I have probably paid in excess of £30k in fares to Greater Anglia and have never had a problem.
My issues are that on christmas eve my cousin came to stay purchasing an open ticket to bishops stortford. He used the first part of the journey but not the second as i took him home by car on the 27th Jan.
Knowing my travel pattern he said i may as well use his un-used ticket as it was valid 24th Dec - 24 Jan.
Yesterday i decided to use the ticket as i was due in late to work an i was staying at my mother in laws so would be using oyster to cheshunt on the way back.
I caught the 9.09am train from bishop stortord to Liverpool street. (I googled off peak on the greater anglia website and on the front page mentioned travel after 9, i have subsequently found out its arriving at liverpool street after 10 and i arrived at 9.53).
As the ticket only permitted travel to Tottenham Hale i used the trainline app and booked the 9.35 to 953 train (the one which is was on) at 9.21. So effectively in good faith covered my journey.
Arriving at Liverpool St, the barcode on the app didnt work (presumably due to not clicking in at Tott Hale?).
I must of chosen the wrong ticket inspector to ask but basically he didnt believe a word i said, accused me of using a ticket that had been previously used (which is impossible).
I was then caution by another inspector and passed onto a third who said it should of been on peak and still questioned the use of the ticket.
Being flustered and stressed i said i was in a rush for a meeting and he said just sign the form and he would complete what he had told me. (yes madness i know).
I have proof of purchase of both the open ticket and also the trainline app ticket.
Also upon checking the single fair from Stortford to Totenham hale or Liverpool street, it is the same price for on or off peak.
I can also provide bank statements showing regular purchases and also work sheets detailing working from home.
Working for an Insurer i am desperate to avoid a criminal conviction and would happily pay a fine for all this to go away.
Sorry for the long description, any help greatly appreciated.
i have travelled into Liverpool Street from Bishops stortford for over 10 years mainly using Annual season tickets and more recently monthly and daily due to more working from home time. I have probably paid in excess of £30k in fares to Greater Anglia and have never had a problem.
My issues are that on christmas eve my cousin came to stay purchasing an open ticket to bishops stortford. He used the first part of the journey but not the second as i took him home by car on the 27th Jan.
Knowing my travel pattern he said i may as well use his un-used ticket as it was valid 24th Dec - 24 Jan.
Yesterday i decided to use the ticket as i was due in late to work an i was staying at my mother in laws so would be using oyster to cheshunt on the way back.
I caught the 9.09am train from bishop stortord to Liverpool street. (I googled off peak on the greater anglia website and on the front page mentioned travel after 9, i have subsequently found out its arriving at liverpool street after 10 and i arrived at 9.53).
As the ticket only permitted travel to Tottenham Hale i used the trainline app and booked the 9.35 to 953 train (the one which is was on) at 9.21. So effectively in good faith covered my journey.
Arriving at Liverpool St, the barcode on the app didnt work (presumably due to not clicking in at Tott Hale?).
I must of chosen the wrong ticket inspector to ask but basically he didnt believe a word i said, accused me of using a ticket that had been previously used (which is impossible).
I was then caution by another inspector and passed onto a third who said it should of been on peak and still questioned the use of the ticket.
Being flustered and stressed i said i was in a rush for a meeting and he said just sign the form and he would complete what he had told me. (yes madness i know).
I have proof of purchase of both the open ticket and also the trainline app ticket.
Also upon checking the single fair from Stortford to Totenham hale or Liverpool street, it is the same price for on or off peak.
I can also provide bank statements showing regular purchases and also work sheets detailing working from home.
Working for an Insurer i am desperate to avoid a criminal conviction and would happily pay a fine for all this to go away.
Sorry for the long description, any help greatly appreciated.