Flamingo
Established Member
- Joined
- 26 Apr 2010
- Messages
- 6,806
Are we really arguing over how a colleague should be addressed? Jesus!
You're new here, aren't you?
Are we really arguing over how a colleague should be addressed? Jesus!
It doesn't sound like he's going back to work to me, it sounds like he's been paid off with a confidential compromise agreement.
Unless they are of Latin American extraction and it's their given name.I don't think that would be an appropriate way to refer to a colleague.![]()
If I'd been treated like dirt, harassed and bullied then, yes, I would quite like my company's customers to know every little detail.
But equally if the company turned round and offered me large sums of hush money, well who knows I might be tempted.
Personally I think that if reinstatement isn't an option the company should be made to pay the employee's entire projected salary until normal retirement date, plus the tax and national insurance contributions potentially lost to the government, plus a substantial fee in damages for blackening the employee's previous good name. A lost ET case should cost them up to hundreds of thousands of pounds.
It wouldn't be the first time Virgin have paid off an employee who've proven themselves to be a liability.
It wouldn't be the first time Virgin have paid off an employee who've proven themselves to be a liability.
How is this employee a liability? He told the truth to passengers are you saying he should have lied to passengers to show his supervisors in a better light?
Looks like he would lose whichever reason he gave, with customers who seem to excel in complaining employees have to tread a carefull line otherwise managers could use this as excuse to terminate their employment
Not normally a big fan of unions but in this case they seem to have earned their fees