• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Catching the wrong train from a single track station

Status
Not open for further replies.

johntea

Established Member
Joined
29 Dec 2010
Messages
3,052
How many times have you managed to catch the wrong train from a single track station?

I managed it tonight for only the second time ever, at Castleford was going for the 18:59 to Leeds but knew the 18:53 was a few minutes behind schedule so assumed that was the one waiting at the station when I got there so let that depart and caught the next train that pulled in...

“Next stop Normanton” :oops:

Only delayed me about 30 minutes in the end as I caught a semi fast to Leeds from Kirkgate and it’s new fancy subway piping out some Yorkshire tune but still annoying all the same!
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Chrisgr31

Established Member
Joined
2 Aug 2011
Messages
1,704
It could potentially happen very easily at Cowden, because if a train is training late the CIS display changes after the scheduled departure time to the next train, which will usually be going in the opposite direction.

So you could easily board a train going in the wrong direction as the platform display will tell you its a different train.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Joined
15 Jan 2011
Messages
113
How many times have you managed to catch the wrong train from a single track station?

I managed it tonight for only the second time ever, at Castleford was going for the 18:59 to Leeds but knew the 18:53 was a few minutes behind schedule so assumed that was the one waiting at the station when I got there so let that depart and caught the next train that pulled in...

“Next stop Normanton” :oops:

Only delayed me about 30 minutes in the end as I caught a semi fast to Leeds from Kirkgate and it’s new fancy subway piping out some Yorkshire tune but still annoying all the same!

Rather oddly I was on the 18:53 in and the 18:59 back out killing some time on a wydr and I did notice whilst the 18:53 was still sat it announced the next train was going to Leeds, the few already drunk locals were a bit confused.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top