anthony263
Established Member
Hopefully its true just have to see what happens during the next 48 hours or so
It's definitely true that a 197 is planned to enter service on the branch on Monday. But I've been on long enough to know things can happen from time to time. But I'd be more surprised if it didn't run that if it does.Hopefully its true just have to see what happens during the next 48 hours or so
Excellent news! Finally the rollout can begin and the Wales and Borders passengers can enjoy service and capacity increases and improvements!It's definitely true that a 197 is planned to enter service on the branch on Monday. But I've been on long enough to know things can happen from time to time. But I'd be more surprised if it didn't run that if it does.
Train crew appear to know as much as the public.. the ones I spoke to said it was getting put back to the 21st but it appears to be back on for Monday.. all very fluid.Any source....? If this is true then it is excellent news!
Will there be any way to know for sure by Sunday evening if it's going to run?
Similar situation to the 196s then - does this suggest fears over reliability or is it just being cautious?Think TfW will sneak this into service without ceremony and make sure it's all working OK before they start shouting from the rooftops
Probably a bit of both tfw want to make they workingSimilar situation to the 196s then - does this suggest fears over reliability or is it just being cautious?
From my experience TfW seem very risk averse. Safety is always key, but it's almost as if TfW are terrified of being publicly embarrassed if something did go wrong, even if it's just a breakdown in passenger service. But that's probably a discussion for another thread.Similar situation to the 196s then - does this suggest fears over reliability or is it just being cautious?
ECS kicks off Chester depot at 0401.50530 if you want the first service!

the question is are you feeling lucky hopefully the 197 enters service would free up a 150 to head south where they're also much needed and start boosting capacity.I'm actually very slightly tempted to book a hotel in Llandudno and go and ride the first service, I could do there and back before breakfast let alone work!
(My luck would be that it'd be pulled last minute, though, and I'd get up at the crack of dawn to the sight of a mucky 150)
Llandudno is lovely, throw in nice warming hot chocolate from the wintry cafe at the foot of the Great Orme and you’ll have a nice little morning there. Adore Llandudno.I'm actually very slightly tempted to book a hotel in Llandudno and go and ride the first service, I could do there and back before breakfast let alone work!
(My luck would be that it'd be pulled last minute, though, and I'd get up at the crack of dawn to the sight of a mucky 150)
That in itself shows that changes are afoot - normally the Blaneau unit comes all the way from Crewe on 5D04, dropping off a unit or two at Chester on the way.ECS kicks off Chester depot at 0401.5.
Realtime Trains | 5D10 0401½ Chester D.M.U.D. to Llandudno Junction | 14/11/2022
Real-time train running information for 5D10 0401½ departure from Chester D.M.U.D. to Llandudno Junction on 14/11/2022. From Realtime Trains, an independent source of train running info for Great Britain.www.realtimetrains.co.uk
Look on the bright side. This could be your last chance to ride on a 150 !.... I'll get my coat.I'm actually very slightly tempted to book a hotel in Llandudno and go and ride the first service, I could do there and back before breakfast let alone work!
(My luck would be that it'd be pulled last minute, though, and I'd get up at the crack of dawn to the sight of a mucky 150)
Doing the shuttle Llandudno-Blaenau all day won't get the train above 50mph, if that.That in itself shows that changes are afoot - normally the Blaneau unit comes all the way from Crewe on 5D04, dropping off a unit or two at Chester on the way. 5D04
Great news! Hopefully the rollout will be smooth and quick from now forward.I've seen.the Facebook posts saying 197004 is the chosen one for Tommorow morning
Thanks PhilipYes it was I saw it at Wolverton. Philip

I believe that is the intention yes.Sounds good any idea when 197s will appear on TfW Liverpool - Chester will that be shortly after this introduction?