60163
Member
While waiting for Dominion of New Bittern, saw the aforementioned loco running light engine on Tamworth lower level, heading for Lichfield TV/Staffs/Crewe etc. Any help purleez? Thanks.
47270, I believe. I was there tooI'm not sure where it was headed for at such a pace, but I do believe that it lives at Carnforth, so might have been heading back there.
While waiting for Dominion of New Bittern, saw the aforementioned loco running light engine on Tamworth lower level, heading for Lichfield TV/Staffs/Crewe etc. Any help purleez? Thanks.
47270, I believe. I was there tooI'm not sure where it was headed for at such a pace, but I do believe that it lives at Carnforth, so might have been heading back there.
Are you looking for help to identify the loco, or help because you have admitted to yourself that you are a class 47 enthusiast and wish to remedy this appalling affliction ASAP?

Back in the 1980s duff bashers were reviled. Admitting to liking 47s was like standing up and admitting to being a chicken molester; simply not done. In these more liberal times some people seem to be comfortable coming out of the closet on this one, but few locos arouse such annoyance and disappointment among enthusiasts of a certain age than duffs.
Personally I hate them for ruining so many trips in my youth. All the way to Edinburgh for the Dundee 27s and then a duff on the front? How do you think that feels? Even though it was a steam heat duff it made no difference. If I ever see a 47 again it will be too soon, and the cutter's torch is too good for them.
Duffs R.I.P. (rust in pieces)!
Would you seriously prefer a Voyager to a 47? (But I think I know the answer already)
Back in the 1980s duff bashers were reviled. Admitting to liking 47s was like standing up and admitting to being a chicken molester; simply not done. In these more liberal times some people seem to be comfortable coming out of the closet on this one, but few locos arouse such annoyance and disappointment among enthusiasts of a certain age than duffs.
Personally I hate them for ruining so many trips in my youth. All the way to Edinburgh for the Dundee 27s and then a duff on the front? How do you think that feels? Even though it was a steam heat duff it made no difference. If I ever see a 47 again it will be too soon, and the cutter's torch is too good for them.
Duffs R.I.P. (rust in pieces)!