Howardh
Established Member
- Joined
- 17 May 2011
- Messages
- 9,799
Driving through Bolton the newspaper shops display board says something like "Bolton direct service to London plan". Looked on the newspaper website and can't find anything, and won't be able to pick up a paper until tomorrow.
Has anyone read the article and can fill me in until then (or it gets published on the website?) I would imaging any such plans would involve Scotland/London Virgin trains being re-routed through Manchester (again??) via Chorley/Bolton when the line is electrified.
However - a wider issue, even if that were so what kind of trains could the link take? I would imagine Pendolinos would be out - unsuitable line??-, so the best we could hope for would be 80-100mph units?
Soz if this has been dealt with somewhere else on the fourum but I'm on a quick 10 min break and haven't time to scurry around!! (*Boss approaches)
Has anyone read the article and can fill me in until then (or it gets published on the website?) I would imaging any such plans would involve Scotland/London Virgin trains being re-routed through Manchester (again??) via Chorley/Bolton when the line is electrified.
However - a wider issue, even if that were so what kind of trains could the link take? I would imagine Pendolinos would be out - unsuitable line??-, so the best we could hope for would be 80-100mph units?
Soz if this has been dealt with somewhere else on the fourum but I'm on a quick 10 min break and haven't time to scurry around!! (*Boss approaches)