Here is a quote from page 13 of the print edition of the Evening Standard. To be fair it appeared in paragraph 10 of 11. Is that an Evening Standard record for something so negative to be placed so late in the story?
Commuters at the station [Waterloo] today complained of crowded trains, delays and lack of information ion. Zara Hall, 34, said: "All the train timetables have moved a few minutes earlier, so I missed my train to Sudbury".
Aww poor Zara.
Not that the trains are as busy as last week mind you. Not in my experience.
Incidentally more congestion tonight due to a points issue affecting platform 11.
Were there any signalling issues during the day or were NR / SWT just unlucky that the issues only occurred during peak rush hours?
The 17.52 to Alton departed 23 minutes late as a result. Just my luck as that was the train I'd planned to catch, since it's an additional service from Surbtion that doesn't usually run. Needless to say I ended up on a another service and I'll be at my destination later than if it had been a usual day with no disruption or engineering works. Such is life.
Still they can't have signalling issues every day of the engineering works, so I'll be sure to make use of that additional service at some point.
I am fairly keen to make use of the silver linings of these works. That is additional services or faster connection opportunities only running or existing because less trains are running.
I managed to get an additional service this morning. That is board a train service that stopped at a station it doesn't normally stop at.
The Woking announcements today were manual but actually loud and clear. Have they come to some arrangement with the local residents with regards to the noise levels of the announcements?
Previously I had been told annual announcements had to be quieter, to be the point where passengers could hardly hear them, if not at all, as they would be too noisy for the residents in the much more recently built flats. However automatic announcements could be louder because they were controlled remotely. Hopefully this change is permanent. After all if you by a flat by a railways station, you should surely expect station announcements. I might understand if the station came layer but it came over 150 years before!