Belperpete
Established Member
- Joined
- 17 Aug 2018
- Messages
- 3,695
The SR use of electromechanical disc signals as subsidiaries to colour light main aspects does in retrospect seem a bit incongruous. I think there were places where the colour light had both a miniature yellow subsidiary and a disc. And there were places where they used the electromechanical discs as banner signals, with a black band on the white enamel disc, such as Victoria.
There are LED signals on the underground configured to give a display mimicking a traditional disc signal, using red and white LEDs. I wonder if there is a yellow version? Having said that, I can't recall ever seeing a yellow disc on the underground?
There are LED signals on the underground configured to give a display mimicking a traditional disc signal, using red and white LEDs. I wonder if there is a yellow version? Having said that, I can't recall ever seeing a yellow disc on the underground?