Those still doing this are just asking to be stopped, displaying a blue light at the front of a vehicle is a no no and just asking to be done for 'impersonating a police car'
Yep there are some eejits out there with the 1.0 litre noise machines but as usual these are the ones who get noticed and remembered which gives anyone who modifys their car a bad name, same with train enthusiasts who trespass to get pics etc, they are the ones that are remembered and give the whole group a bad name.
Barryboys...well yep they can get some right pap which is good but there are some right clueless oiks in there, one posted up a picture of the type of car I have stating how someone had put an evo/scoob spoiler on it and what an idiot etc etc, luckily somone shot him down and pointed out it was standard fit not a mod lol
I personally love tinkering with my cars and have fitted a BMC-cda enclosed induction kit (OE setup was designed for the 2.0 V6 as opposed to my 2.5V6), custom built stainless exhaust with de-cat (Still passes emmissions as there a pre-cats in the manifolds). This has pushed my power output up to 200bhp, up from 173bhp standard and has the added benefit of improving my mpg

. Other than that what I prefer doing is 'upgrading' know weak points on my cars, for example the clutch hydraulics are a know weak point on my main car, these have been upgraded so a possible future breakdown risk has been minimised. I enjoy driving but save my foot to the floor times for when I take the car to knockhill or the like, great fun and a lot safer than pretending your fast and furious on the mean streets of your local city lol