• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Avanti West Coast Rolling Stock Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skie

Established Member
Joined
22 Dec 2008
Messages
1,239
I think they all work fine, there is no staff agreement on replacing the large water bottles they require.
Well given industrial relations with Avanti and their staff I don’t expect that to be resolved quickly.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

reecestrains

Member
Joined
22 Aug 2023
Messages
384
Location
Leeds, West Yorkshire
With only 010 and 020 left to be refurbished, is there any update at this point when these couple units are getting done?

It'll be interesting to see which unit will be the last unrefurbed unit in service.
 

Jamesrob637

Established Member
Joined
12 Aug 2016
Messages
6,079
With only 010 and 020 left to be refurbished, is there any update at this point when these couple units are getting done?

It'll be interesting to see which unit will be the last unrefurbed unit in service.

One will be in before the end of the week. Place your bets, please!
 

Toby268

Member
Joined
13 Jan 2022
Messages
218
Location
Glasgow
I think they all work fine, there is no staff agreement on replacing the large water bottles they require.
Incorrect. That’s not why they haven’t started nor is that an issue. The loading and replacement of bottles will be done at certain stations on the line, not by on board staff but by DHL. That was the plan all along. There’s other issues that have caused the delay, but I do believe there’s a trial starting on one set soon.
 

Boodiggy

Member
Joined
8 Nov 2012
Messages
642
Incorrect. That’s not why they haven’t started nor is that an issue. The loading and replacement of bottles will be done at certain stations on the line, not by on board staff but by DHL. That was the plan all along. There’s other issues that have caused the delay, but I do believe there’s a trial starting on one set soon.
That’s good to hear then.
That is what I was told.
If it is DHL what is the delay?
I see the 805 and 807 units have the same feature!
 

theblackwatch

Established Member
Joined
15 Feb 2006
Messages
10,889
I'm gonna place my bets on 010 going in next with 020 being the last.
The order of the last three was supposed to be 390020-390010-390013. Clearly this changed. Given that 020 is still in service (and will end up at Birmingham in the early hours) and the next set in is imminent, I suspect you are right, 013/020 having been swapped round for some reason.
 

Carlisle

Established Member
Joined
26 Aug 2012
Messages
4,515
There’s other issues that have caused the delay, but I do believe there’s a trial starting on one set soon.
There was supposed to be a trial set running around 6 -9 months ago.
 
Last edited:

boyaloud

Member
Joined
20 Mar 2013
Messages
289
On quite a few trains I've been on recently, neither plug sockets nor usb sockets have worked. Also often the WiFi doesn't work. Great refurb!
 

SansHache

Member
Joined
31 Mar 2015
Messages
182
Location
Manchester
390013 departed Widnes Friday evening (24th May) having completed refurbishment and was replaced by 390010.
390020 is the final Pendolino in service with original Virgin interior. It will be stopping for refurbishment on Friday 8th June.
 

Blindtraveler

Established Member
Joined
28 Feb 2011
Messages
10,544
Quite a milestone
And if it's stopping on the 8th, which actually is a Saturday according to my calendar, then there's a very small chance that I'll have the fortune or misfortune depending on your views to ride it one last time. Although I do have an AWC journey booked on the 7th
 

Jamesrob637

Established Member
Joined
12 Aug 2016
Messages
6,079
Quite a milestone
And if it's stopping on the 8th, which actually is a Saturday according to my calendar, then there's a very small chance that I'll have the fortune or misfortune depending on your views to ride it one last time. Although I do have an AWC journey booked on the 7th

Not me: my next AWC journey is scheduled for the 18th of June.
 

Jamesrob637

Established Member
Joined
12 Aug 2016
Messages
6,079
390002 departed Widnes on 10th May.

Therefore, 013 should have departed Widnes the Friday just gone (24th)

== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==

390013 departed Widnes Friday evening (24th May) having completed refurbishment and was replaced by 390010.
390020 is the final Pendolino in service with original Virgin interior. It will be stopping for refurbishment on Friday 8th June.

Saturday 8th, but the paths are in the wee hours of Friday night.
 

Skie

Established Member
Joined
22 Dec 2008
Messages
1,239
Had water from the dispenser in coach C today, so must've got lucky with the one running as a trial. It has the same odd dispense style as toilet tap water does on many trains where it has a slightly intermittent pump flow, which was offputting, and came out a bit bubbly. Lovely and cold though.
 

LNW-GW Joint

Veteran Member
Joined
22 Feb 2011
Messages
21,931
Location
Mold, Clwyd
It'll be gradually as Avantis new stock is introduced, so I don't think there's fixed date's.
I think it's six 805s now in service with Avanti since the timetable change on Sunday.
So you'd expect an equivalent number of Voyagers to be returned off lease.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top